• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com Awards: Nominations By The Numbers

Hey all,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

The 14th annual KarateForums.com Awards will open to nominations next week and so I thought it would be fun to take a look at the history of the awards, by the numbers tied to nominations.

Previously, our awards page has listed how many times each person has won an award. Winning is awesome, but I also think that being nominated is really special, too, because it means that someone took the name to put your name forward. Without the nominations, there are no votes.

128 unique members have received 340 nominations for 89 different awards, which have been won 101 times (it is more than 89 due to ties). 1,523 total votes have been cast.

I was curious to see how many times each member had been nominated, so I went back and counted all of the nominee lists.

These numbers reflect the number of times a member appeared as a nominee in a category. If the member was nominated more than once where that is allowed - for example, more than one article by that person nominated for Article of the Year - then each nomination is counted. The number of times this occurred is noted in parentheses after the username.

bushido_man96 (1)

tallgeese (1)

DWx (1)

sensei8

ninjanurse

monkeygirl

Hawkmoon

ps1

KarateKidTSD/karatekid1975

JusticeZero

evergrey

joesteph

Wastelander

MasterPain

gheinisch

KickChick (2)

mal103

cheesefrysamurai

pittbullJudoka

NightOwl

The BB of C

White Warlock

Nidan Melbourne

yamesu

Archimoto

CredoTe

Kusotare

Harkon72

KarateEd

Groinstrike

Kuma

Tiger1962

Shotokan-kez

Sohan

ZR440

SaiFightsMS

Spartacus Maximus

Safroot

scohen.mma

JohnASE

mazzybear

DoctorQui

Liver Punch

JiuJitsuNation

GeoGiant

tonydee

PSBN Doug/KSN Doug

scottnshelly

lordtariel

Pacificshore

TheDevilAside

Shorin Ryuu

delta1

Valithor

KALIPUTRA

andym

Zaine

jaypo

Shizentai

KarateGeorge

Evil Dave

ShoriKid

lowereastside

AdamKralic

SamsIAmz

xo-karate

JohnnyB

FangPwnsAll7

Lupin1

Ueshirokarate

Jeffrey

isshinryu5toforever

Sokusen

Taylor

Kieran-Lilith

Throwdown0850

JasonA

Montana

wingedMonkey

cross

Kajukenbopr

tom-shea

Fat Donkey

RichardGregory

KarateK

jaymac

alsey

masterintraining

BlobOn

tomkatch

Sauzin

Kicks

shogeri

elbows_and_knees

orion82698

Vito

AngelaG

dmoney101

GhostFighter

Red J

Drunken Monkey

GrrrArg

aefibird

ramymensa

foreveryoung001

Rotten Head Fok

Master Jules

Kirves

Pepparoo

G95champ

kchenault

Metsubushi

Shorinryu Sensei

JerryLove

fireka

Treebranch

Ahazmaksya

kickbuttnat

Tobias_Reece

EndZone Freestyle Fighter

Taokara

dafabe

Phantasmatic

LeaF

[CT]pizzaboy

Patrick

Kensai

XpOiSoN FrEeX

If your name is on this list, that means someone else took the time to nominate you. I think that is pretty great. Just 128 different members have been nominated. When you consider how many active members our community has had over the years, that is a really small number.

Of course, Brian (bushido_man96)'s total of 31 nominations in 30 unique categories is staggering. That really speaks to how the community has valued his contributions over the years, just like it speaks well of everyone who has received multiple nominations.

Given that Bob (sensei8) is tied with Brian for the most award wins (13), I was surprised to see that he was fourth in nominations with 17. That's incredible.

I hope you find these stats interesting, and I look forward to see how everyone nominates in the 2015 edition of the KarateForums.com Awards.

Thanks,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very cool list Patrick. Thanks for taking the time to compile the numbers. Some very familiar names and contributors.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Interesting stats! Thanks for sharing!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

By all means, Patrick, thank you for taking the time to post these interesting stats; humbles one, as I'm humbled in this.

I'm sure that Brian can agree with me when I say that I don't contribute to KF with the KF Awards in mind, but for the fact that I enjoy our many conversations with some outstanding KF members.

Whether one has garnered 31 nominations or only 1 nomination, all KF members are one thing...compassionate about KF and its outstanding members. The MA aside, its the conversations that I enjoy the most, and if I can help someone, well, that's the reward!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Glad that you all found these numbers interesting. :)

Did anyone notice any interesting names near the bottom of the list? Haha. I apparently allowed people to nominate me in the very first year of the awards (I didn't win in the category I was nominated in). :) I had totally forget about that; it was so long ago.

Did anyone notice any interesting names near the bottom of the list? Haha. I apparently allowed people to nominate me in the very first year of the awards (I didn't win in the category I was nominated in). :) I had totally forget about that; it was so long ago.

Well, imho, if anyone here at KF deserves to be recognized with an award, than you do, Patrick. The amazing work that you've done to your brands is an attest to the fortitude that you've put forward in making KF the quality brand that it is!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Well, imho, if anyone here at KF deserves to be recognized with an award, than you do, Patrick. The amazing work that you've done to your brands is an attest to the fortitude that you've put forward in making KF the quality brand that it is!!

I completely agree.