• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10,000 Posts for sensei8!

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

Our community has been around for a long time: 14 years, 3 months, 2 weeks and 5 days, to be exact. During that span, 9,340 members have made 528,244 posts. Until today, only 2 had made 10,000 posts or more.

sensei8 (Bob) has become the third.

Bob is very popular in our community. It starts with a willingness to help people. His 50+ years in the martial arts have afforded him with a lot of experience, which he readily shares with others. It's fair to say that his contributions here have helped thousands of people. That's a huge mark.

That long history of study has earned him many interesting stories that members enjoy reading. His continual prompts, encouraging other members to share their stories, have led to countless people opening up and allowing us to get to know them better. This trait probably gets overlooked, but it's so valuable to our community. It brings new people into the fold and helps them feel more comfortable. The list of members, who can say that Bob made them feel more comfortable here, is not a small one. For many of them, Bob was the first person they ever talked to at KF. That's a big deal.

I believe that the respect that members have for Bob is furthered by his openness and willingness to grow, through our forums and elsewhere. The flexibility to learn and to change perspectives, even with a long history in the arts, is something that makes him someone who is not just respected, but approachable.

Bob has been a member of our community for 7 and a half years, a staff member for almost 4 years and has racked up a record (tied with Brian/bushido_man96) 13 KarateForums.com Awards, including 3 consecutive Member of the Year honors, until he lost eligibility due to becoming a staff member (though that was followed by 2 consecutive Staff Member of the Year awards). This is a fair representation of how the community feels about him.

For those who would like to know more about Bob, check out the interview he did for our 500,000 posts celebration.

Bob, I'd like to thank you for the amazing, awe-inspiring contributions that you have made to KarateForums.com. Thank you for your efforts as a member of staff. Thank you for making so many feel welcome here. I am grateful for all of your support over the years.

(And thank you to Brian for introducing our community to Bob).

Please join me in congratulating Bob, and I'd love to hear any Bob-related stories and/or how Bob's posts here have impacted you.

Thank you for reading. Congrats Bob!

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations sensei8!

Your inspirational posts and encouraging spirit keep this forum a welcoming place for all martial artists.

To search for the old is to understand the new.

The old, the new, this is a matter of time.

In all things man must have a clear mind.

The Way: Who will pass it on straight and well?

- Master Funakoshi

Congratulations, Sensei8!!! What a contribution indeed. Your posts are always informative, helpful and I always seek out your responses to my (and other peoples) posts. There is an air about your posts that I think can only come from someone who has so many years experience in the MA. Although I value everyones opinion on here, I always look forward to reading yours.

A fountain of knowledge and a true gentleman. Here's to another 10,000 posts. :bowofrespect:

Mo.

Be water, my friend.