• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What gloves do you spar with?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It depends on what we're doing. And I do less and less stand up that's NOT kali every month. :lol:

For hard SD sparring, Kempo gloves or MMA gloves. If the guys are getting ready for fights almost always MMA gloves. As I think on it now, they've really become more and more the norm due to ease of use.

If we're not grabbing or grappling it's some Fairfax 16 oz gloves. I've had a pair for this company for years and they are still holding up.

Lastly, for Kali we use hockey or across gloves. It's the only thing that will stand up to the impact of the hard weapons.

I use the Pro Force finger less gloves that I bought at my dojo.

http://www.awma.com/productdetail/1854-proforce-fingerless-grappling-gloves.html

Interesting looking gloves, I have to say. How do they compare to normal mma Gloves?

They're not that bad. It makes grabbing easy and there's enough padding where you don't hurt anyone.

"When I have listened to my mistakes, I have grown." ~Bruce Lee

I use the Pro Force finger less gloves that I bought at my dojo.

http://www.awma.com/productdetail/1854-proforce-fingerless-grappling-gloves.html

Interesting looking gloves, I have to say. How do they compare to normal mma Gloves?

They're not that bad. It makes grabbing easy and there's enough padding where you don't hurt anyone.

They look like they have more wiggle room. I find MMA gloves really don't allow for much articulation on the first segments of the fingers. No small circle JJ here, haha.