• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slightly concerned

muttley

Training tonight, doing some kihon I did a mawashi-geri. Nothing wrong with that, but something went crack in my instep. Bit concerned as there is a little bit of pain in the area, no swelling (yet). Just a bit weird as in all my years of training, I have never experienced this.

Any suggestions? Currently treating with ice, elevation (and alcohol), thinking ibuprofen and co-codamol before bed...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd go see a doctor ASAP; after all, you heard a crack...better safe than sorry!!

Any discolorations? Are you limping? Any swelling, YET? Does it hurt to wear/put on shoes?

Please, visit your doctor to be sure!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

No swelling, slight pain but nothing worse than I have suffered playing rugby. Walking isn't an issue so I will what it is like I the morning

Either way, I wish you a speedy recovery!! Hang in there...the floor will still be there!!

:)

I would just go careful today and see if it swells up later on. I broke my middle metatarsal a couple of years ago and I was able to walk on it but it kept swelling up at night. It took an x-ray to find out that it was cracked through but essentially splinted by the bones either side. In my walking boots I was fine but walking barefoot made the crack flex and caused pain after a while. I could just have been the joints in the foot popping but if you get any recurrence of pain or swelling it is probably best to see a doc.

Breaks or fracture's don't necessarily need to swell to be present. Go to the Doc's if there's any doubt.

Can always check yourself with the Ottawa Ankle Rules:

This is what the doctor would do to assess whether to send you for X-ray or not.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thanks for that, I've watched that video and have walked about without too much issue today (in trainers was fine, flip flops there was minimal discomfort to the instep). I think it's just a minor sprain if anything at all to be fair, ibuprofen should sort it out.

Thanks for that, I've watched that video and have walked about without too much issue today (in trainers was fine, flip flops there was minimal discomfort to the instep). I think it's just a minor sprain if anything at all to be fair, ibuprofen should sort it out.

Ice...ice...ice...ice...ice........................What an amazing thing hard frozen water is; what an invention that it is. Whoever thought of it...is a genius!!

:P