• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All i've seen is "which style is better" so i thought i would change it a bit but still try to keep it comparative.

If you was going to make your own "style" of martial arts, which styles would you base your style on and why? And if you want to you can list some of the strong points and weak points. I know that most have already been "created" but i just want everyones personal opinion.

Mine: Muay Thai(spelling?), and BJJ.

(sorry if this doesn't belong here, i thought that since it discussed more than one style from different origins it should be posted here.)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

muay thai for its effectivness in stand up fighting. TKD for it's cool kicks. boxing for punches, BJJ for graplling, aikido for locks, tai chi for chi, eskrima for weapons. :D of course there's no way in h e l l that i'm gonna train in all those styles and get good in them. so probably just muay thai, bjj, eskrima..

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

I think I would mix my style of Tae Kwon Do with WuShu and BJJ.

This may seem like a strange mixture but I'll tell you why:

1. Tae Kwon Do - because I can't imagine life without this...

2. WuShu - to amplify the artistic beauty of TKD...I've wanted to study WuShu for quite a while now.

3. BJJ - to improve the self-defense of TKD...we don't have a very extensive ground fighting system.

So basically, I want to still practice my style but with a few added "extras" to make it even better :D

Sid Vicious - kudos to you for creating a calm, constructive post ;)

happy posting, guys! :wave:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Like the rest of you I love my style -

Shidokan - the triathalon of martial arts

(bareknuckle karate, thai kickboxing, grappling)

but I also take BJJ and spar boxing. I could work a lot more on Judo for throwing and pure wrestling for takedowns but there's only 24 in every 1 of the 7. Plus I have a mutant ability to be lazy.

One cannot choose to be passive without the option to be aggressive.

My combo it is simple:

Do Boxing/muay thai and Wrestling... Combat sports against resisting oponents and for conditioning and tough the body.

Any martial arts of your choice ( karate, Kung fu, Hapkido, TKD, Aikido, Tang soo do, etc..)

and BJJ for ground fighting.

That combo will keep you busy for the rest of your life.