• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My silliest reason why I didn't come to class was.......

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sensei doesn't ask at all. If your running a few minutes late all he expects for you to apologize for being late, get your card out and bow in then go to the appropriate placing for you or go to the appropriate group.

I rocked up 30 minutes late because parking was terrible. I apologized big time and he just went "you came which is the important thing!"

Happened to me once too, and when I tried to explain that to him, he said...

"You here, that good...you park fast anywhere, then get here...faster!!" That's easy to say when you have a RESERVED PARKING SPOT....SIR!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Driving across town to class and leaving my belt at home.

My belt now stays at the school in my locker.

I've left my belt home a few times over the years. It was a pain but the upside was that my instructor generally keeps a few black belts in a store room and it is usually just for the Black Belts that help out a fair bit.

I've NO belt...man oh man!!

I've had that happen before, too. Ever flew anywhere and you went to one place and your belt went somewhere else?!? It sucks!! Once, I flew to Okinawa, but my bags flew to Hawaii. No clothes, no gi, no belt...NOTHING! When I finally got home, my bags were waiting for me...I hope my bags enjoyed Hawaii!!

I had to go shopping for some clothes and things like that to survive the trip. Dai-Soke, thank God, had some great MA friends, and was able to get me a gi and belt. And if not for that friend of Dai-Soke, I wouldn't have been allowed to train...NO WAY!! Dai-Soke wouldn't have allowed that because the floor is sacred to him, and not being attired appropriately would've been an insult to him, the hosting dojo, and just down right RUDE!!

:o :x

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 weeks later...