• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My silliest reason why I didn't come to class was.......

...my Sensei never asked me why I missed a class...ever; he never asked anyone...ever!! You were either there or you weren't;

Neither did mine, I just felt guilty enough to feel the need to explain my absence every time I wasn't there. There is always a need to feel superior in absentia to those who are merely shirking due to hangovers, laziness or sport on the TV.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...my Sensei never asked me why I missed a class...ever; he never asked anyone...ever!! You were either there or you weren't;

Neither did mine, I just felt guilty enough to feel the need to explain my absence every time I wasn't there. There is always a need to feel superior in absentia to those who are merely shirking due to hangovers, laziness or sport on the TV.

Yeah, me too. But whenever I tried to, he'd either ignore me or shrug his shoulders or, my favorite..."You here now, get in line!"

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Is there an odd &/or silly reason you missed class that you didn't try to explain?

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 2 weeks later...

I had ever intention of going to my senseis class, as I had been doing for abotu 2 years and hardly ever missed one. But..my girlfriend made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :D

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

I've never been asked why I wasn't there. When I joined my current dojo, I asked my CI what was expected, attendance-wise. He said "come as often as you want, or as little as you want; it's your training, it's your money." My last sensei was along the same lines.

The dojo was there a long time before I was, and will be around when I'm gone. The world and the dojo doesn't stand still when I'm not there.

I've never been asked why I wasn't there. When I joined my current dojo, I asked my CI what was expected, attendance-wise. He said "come as often as you want, or as little as you want; it's your training, it's your money." My last sensei was along the same lines.

The dojo was there a long time before I was, and will be around when I'm gone. The world and the dojo doesn't stand still when I'm not there.

Solid post!! Loved the bold type above!!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Had a student once who missed a class because he was helping his Grandma and she thought she had seen a stray black cat in her flower bed. When he went to look for the cat he found a skunk. He didn't want to offend anyone that night with his new fragrance.

Had a student once who missed a class because he was helping his Grandma and she thought she had seen a stray black cat in her flower bed. When he went to look for the cat he found a skunk. He didn't want to offend anyone that night with his new fragrance.

That's funny, and quite thoughtful!!

:P

My sensei doesn't ask at all. If your running a few minutes late all he expects for you to apologize for being late, get your card out and bow in then go to the appropriate placing for you or go to the appropriate group.

I rocked up 30 minutes late because parking was terrible. I apologized big time and he just went "you came which is the important thing!"