• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA uniforms as Street wear

This might be incredibly dorky of me, but I just want to share some thoughts on fashion I've had for a long time now: I've always wanted to see GI pants hit the main stream as normal clothes. Like Board shorts, yoga pants, tennis shoes, and track suits, these pieces of apparel are popular, even by people who don't engage in these activities, because they are comfortable and look cool. Well, Gi pants are pretty comfortable, and they look really cool, don't they!?

Any thoughts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still shocked that parachute pants have made a comeback, as cool as the new fashionable ones are.

But yeah, gi pants could possibly work...

NOTHING cooler than going shirtless with gi pants pulled above your belly button. So I'd have to wear them looser, lower, and limit my activities for the day accordingly. (Call it the 3 L's of gi pant etiquette.) :P

Actually, the only thing probably cooler than wearing gi pants pulled above your belly button, is going to a coffee shop, BBQ joint, or pub wearing gi pants, and then not being able to get the correlating stains out.

Also, the gi pants would have to be at a far lower price than the ones I wear for training, like really far lower...

Although I don't think it's for me, I do like your idea! :D

To search for the old is to understand the new.

The old, the new, this is a matter of time.

In all things man must have a clear mind.

The Way: Who will pass it on straight and well?

- Master Funakoshi

I wear these a lot, especially in summer. The zubon are cut like gi pants but have a zip fly, a couple of pockets but without the extra material in the crotch. You can still do the side splits in them (I would imagine :) ). I also have an old pair of black zubon that have been worn almost to death but they still make great casual trousers for wearing with sandals. I'm not sure I would go to the coffee shop in my best hakama and haori quite yet though.

In the Spring or Fall, a pull string mid-weight bottom is pretty nice (I will say that I live in Texas, so that's really the only time that it's incredibly comfortable). If there were pockets on them it would be even better.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I love the idea. I just need on with at least 1 pocket though. Just my personal preference. Yet I love this idea.

You're in luck. Century MA Supply Company out of Oklahoma City, OK has gi pants that come with at least 1 pocket. I also believe that AWMA out of Philadelphia, PA also has gi pants that come with at least 1 pocket. In addition, Century MA Supply Company also has "gi" pants that are Jeans with about 4 pockets with a built in gusset like a normal gi has, and, Chuck Norris modeled them for Century MA Supply Company in their catalog when they first hit the market.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'm still shocked that parachute pants have made a comeback, as cool as the new fashionable ones are.

But yeah, gi pants could possibly work...

NOTHING cooler than going shirtless with gi pants pulled above your belly button. So I'd have to wear them looser, lower, and limit my activities for the day accordingly. (Call it the 3 L's of gi pant etiquette.) :P

Actually, the only thing probably cooler than wearing gi pants pulled above your belly button, is going to a coffee shop, BBQ joint, or pub wearing gi pants, and then not being able to get the correlating stains out.

Also, the gi pants would have to be at a far lower price than the ones I wear for training, like really far lower...

Although I don't think it's for me, I do like your idea! :D

Century MA Supply Company out of Oklahoma City, OK offers a "Student Uniform" with an unbelievable low price...$10.00 or lower, but you have to have a Wholesale/Commercial account with them first. Sometimes, Century will have clearance sells quite often with those same price points.

And no, I'm not a spokesman for Century MA Supply Company, I sound like one, but I've been a Wholesale/Commercial account customer ever since they came into the MA supply picture a long time ago.

This might be incredibly dorky of me, but I just want to share some thoughts on fashion I've had for a long time now: I've always wanted to see GI pants hit the main stream as normal clothes. Like Board shorts, yoga pants, tennis shoes, and track suits, these pieces of apparel are popular, even by people who don't engage in these activities, because they are comfortable and look cool. Well, Gi pants are pretty comfortable, and they look really cool, don't they!?

Any thoughts?

I've been wearing gi pants as normal clothes forever and a day; comfortable and convenient.