• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just wanted to share here that last week I tested for Oh Dan in Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan after 33 years of training. I didn't think I would ever acheive this, but with much perseverance I was able to.

Keep training folks.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats! Alas, I'll never make it there myself. To old and falling apart. :bawling:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Congrats IcemanSK! :) Happy for you. What was your rank when you joined our community on October 12, 2005?

Patrick

Congrats IcemanSK! :) Happy for you. What was your rank when you joined our community on October 12, 2005?

Patrick

Haha! Wow, that was a long time ago. I was a 2nd Dan, and had been since 1988. (That's a whole other Oprah). I had been working a my local community center, in part, as a liasion between the Karate program we had & the Center itself. When my boss found out I was a TKD BB, she said, "you need to run your own program here, as well." I didn't want to teach a program without a master of my own, so I starting posting on here for ideas about teaching, training, & for support from the MA community.

I reached out to Sr. GM Edward B, Sell and he took me in as his student. I had bought a copy of his book "The Forces of Taekwondo" back in 1987 & remembered him ever since. I opened my school in January 2006, and while we've moved on from the community center, I still teach today.

This site has been a great place to share ideas, learn of other Arts & training methods, share gripes & complaints (as well as successes & joys). Thanks Patrick!

Edited by IcemanSK

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

That's so cool. Congrats on how far you've come. I'm glad that the community has been helpful and that we could be along for, and benefit from, your ride. :)

Patrick

Congrats IcemanSK, amazing achievement :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius