• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Post Videos Of Your Sensei/Grandmaster/Teacher

Great topic, thank you for starting it, OneAndOnly.

This is a sensitive topic for me, both personally and professionally, because I've no video's or pics of Saitou Sensei and/or Takahashi Sensei to share with anyone. Someone, who will remain nameless HAS THEM ALL and isn't forthcoming in returning them to our Hombu.

Sorry!!

A lesson learned the hard way!! Treasure you have them to share!!

:kaioken:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic, thank you for starting it, OneAndOnly.

This is a sensitive topic for me, both personally and professionally, because I've no video's or pics of Saitou Sensei and/or Takahashi Sensei to share with anyone. Someone, who will remain nameless HAS THEM ALL and isn't forthcoming in returning them to our Hombu.

Sorry!!

A lesson learned the hard way!! Treasure you have them to share!!

:kaioken:

I feel your pain bro. I also have loaned out video's on the head of my system to others and never got them returned. When confronting one guy in particular (an instructor from a totally different system that wanted to see it) it darn near escalated into a full blow fist fight! Not quite..but darn close. He promised to return it to me within a week...then lo and behold..he moved out of state!!! :kaioken:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Nice video. I was surprised at how much/how often he went to one leg, but leg checking kicks makes sense. It keeps the hands available for use, which he did with all the striking and locking. The side stepping was pretty subtle, too, and I also found some of the side stepping stances having the feet close together interesting, too. Thanks for sharing it, Montana.

Look at the video again in regards to the leg checks...notice alot of them not only block his kicks, but also protect Sensei Lindseys groin, while at the same time making his opponent lose balance.

The change of body (side stepping) is taught in many systems, but in all honesty I've NEVER seen these other systems use it in refereeing about 20 years of tournament sparring. I competed in only 1 tournament (my students guilt tripped me into it) and I used it alot. In every instance I nailed the guy cleanly coming in, yet not once did I get a point from it because the judges didn't see that his technique missed, and mine connected. However, my opponents each time touch gloves with me and stated "You got ripped off man...". or words to that effect, becuase he knew I had him cold, but the judges didn't see it. No biggie..I still won 2 of my 3 matches in single elimination, heavy weight black belt division.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

I just wanted to post this video of the late Grandmaster, OSensei Soken Hohan. It's an old, somewhat grainy video from a black and white film showing the grandmaster performing Passi Sho.

At the time this video was shot, he was well into his 80's!!

also, here's another excellent video of Sensei Lindsey doing what we do best... :brow:

My grandmaster, the late Sr. Grandmaster Edward B. Sell. The first non-Korean to be awarded 9th Dan in both Kukki-TKD and Chung Do Kwan. Here's a video played at his funeral last year. RIP Sir.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

My grandmaster, the late Sr. Grandmaster Edward B. Sell. The first non-Korean to be awarded 9th Dan in both Kukki-TKD and Chung Do Kwan. Here's a video played at his funeral last year. RIP Sir.

Yes...RIP Sr. Grandmaster Edward B. Sell; a life filled with accomplishments. We, at the Shindokan Hombu knew him, but only from afar. Our prayers go out to his wife, Sr. Grandmaster Brenda Sell, his family and friends, and to his US Chung Do Kwan family.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Yes...RIP Sr. Grandmaster Edward B. Sell; a life filled with accomplishments. We, at the Shindokan Hombu knew him, but only from afar. Our prayers go out to his wife, Sr. Grandmaster Brenda Sell, his family and friends, and to his US Chung Do Kwan family.

:)

:karate: Thank you, sir.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

This is my instructor at the last place I trained. 4th dan tang Soo do! He was a talented martial artist. I've moved on to my own place but here's him doing the form "Bassai Dae" blind folded. He told me he was about 17 here. He's about 30 now. https://youtu.be/x2OIyjvrL7U

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!

Very cool. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Nice video. I was surprised at how much/how often he went to one leg, but leg checking kicks makes sense. It keeps the hands available for use, which he did with all the striking and locking. The side stepping was pretty subtle, too, and I also found some of the side stepping stances having the feet close together interesting, too. Thanks for sharing it, Montana.

Look at the video again in regards to the leg checks...notice alot of them not only block his kicks, but also protect Sensei Lindseys groin, while at the same time making his opponent lose balance.

The change of body (side stepping) is taught in many systems, but in all honesty I've NEVER seen these other systems use it in refereeing about 20 years of tournament sparring. I competed in only 1 tournament (my students guilt tripped me into it) and I used it alot. In every instance I nailed the guy cleanly coming in, yet not once did I get a point from it because the judges didn't see that his technique missed, and mine connected. However, my opponents each time touch gloves with me and stated "You got ripped off man...". or words to that effect, becuase he knew I had him cold, but the judges didn't see it. No biggie..I still won 2 of my 3 matches in single elimination, heavy weight black belt division.

One thing I've never liked about sparring is that it often has seemed to me that even glancing blows tend to get scored, and a block that absorbs or redirects most of the power, but may still glance, gets scored. The strategies of point fighting and useful self-defense are often miles apart.