• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Totally surprised by students!

On Saturday i was having issues with my car (flat battery oh what fun!) before i could even leave to go to karate. Eventually got it running courtesy of RACV (Insurance, roadside assistance etc) and them giving me a jumpstart.

Subsequently was late to run the classes (30 minutes late), but we had 1 other person there to teach. But when I arrived they (the students) that they were being on their best behavior because they knew that I was meant to be there and that they wanted to have the other instructor tell me that they were being so good.

Even the worst behaved students that always pop up on Saturdays were on their best behavior.

The parents were even being extra nice as well that they actually chipped in for a replacement battery. Now I nearly broke down into tears of surprise and being so humble that they would seriously do that for me (considering the students see me as the tough instructor)

I thought I would share this with you guys

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Moments like this, are priceless!! Speaks to just how much they love and value you, even though you're a taskmaster!! Thank you for sharing it!!

Feels good, huh?!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Good story, you may think of yourself as the tough instructor but in the eyes of the students you are probably a hero, a role model, someone whom they consider family.

Black belt AFAF # 178

Tang Soo Do

8th Kyu

Matsubayashi ryu shorin ryu karate

Moments like these show that an instructor who is truly respected and appreciated does not have to be present to be shown respect and appreciation. In this case the students proved to be well disciplined, but all too often when the main instructor is away there is a change dojo dynamics. Someone will takes this as an excuse to do things they would not do otherwise.

That's great Nidan, shows how much your students appreciate you.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius