• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ninjanurse Celebrates 10 Years as a Moderator!

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

It was on this day, 10 years ago, that Heidi Wilmott, better known here as ninjanurse, become a moderator (or a Sensei, as we call them) on KarateForums.com. In honor of this milestone, I recorded a video talking about the contributions that Heidi has made here and how much they mean to our community.

10 years is such a unique milestone. Outside of managing KarateForums.com for almost 14 years, I have managed several online communities over the past 15 years. I also know a lot of other people who have been managing online communities for a long time. I have never had a moderator this long. It's very rare. We've been fortunate to have Heidi not only as a moderator for this long, but as a member for more than 12 years and as a staff member for almost as long.

In honor of this accomplishment, we decided that we needed to do something special, outside of the community. After some discussion with the staff, I decided that it would be fun to send Heidi and her husband, Mike, out for a great dinner at a restaurant local to them. Heidi follows a vegan diet and while you might think that made this difficult, it actually helped quite a bit because I knew what I needed. An upscale restaurant with an impressive vegan-friendly selection for all three courses, plus drinks.

After I identified a restaurant, I didn't want to assume it was the right choice. So I reached out to Heidi's daughter, Holly, through Facebook. I had never spoken to Holly before. With her help, and some additional thoughts from other members of Heidi's family, I was able to get a better picture of the type of experience Heidi would prefer.

Holly shared that Heidi really enjoys Ithaca, New York - specifically the Ithaca Commons. With that in mind, we're going to send Heidi and Mike to Mia, a restaurant in the Ithaca Commons that has an excellent selection of vegan-friendly options. Once Heidi selects a date, I'll make the reservation, and we'll happily pick up the check. As I told you via private message, Heidi, I hope that you and Mike order whatever you want and have a wonderful evening. You deserve it, and it is only a small token of the appreciation that we have for you.

Thank you for all of the amazing contributions that you have made here. Thank you for your efforts as a member of staff, helping to maintain the standards of our community. Thank you for your kindness, support and friendship over the years.

I hope that others will join me in congratulating Heidi on this impressive milestone.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations, Heidi! This is a huge accomplishment, and we are all very glad to have your support here! Thank you!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thank you for the time and effort you have put in, and for your other contributions as a member as much as for those as a moderator.

R. Keith Williams

Congrats, Heidi. This milestone is a celebration of all that you've done as a Moderator all of those years. As a member and part of KF Staff, I've depended on your leadership; as a mentor, you're top notch. Thank you for all you've done here at KF, and I look forward to what the future holds for both you and KF!!

I bow to you in respect, and I will say, without any ambiguity whatsoever, you are a proponent that proof is on the floor!!

Thank you, Heidi, and CONGRATS. Enjoy the special moment with your husband, Mike, in what I'm sure will be a fun and exciting night for the two of you.

You deserve this token of appreciation, and it's well deserved!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Congratulations on hitting this milestone, Heidi! You've been a great example as a moderator and community member here at KarateForums.com. You epitomize what the community is about, and your affect on the community has been profound. Here's to another 10 years! :karate:

Thank you for the kind words everyone! It certainly has been a pleasure and I am looking forward to another 10.....you guys are stuck with me!!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Congratulations on such a big achievement Heidi

Congratulations on hitting this milestone, Heidi! You've been a great example as a moderator and community member here at KarateForums.com. You epitomize what the community is about, and your affect on the community has been profound. Here's to another 10 years! :karate:

Couldn't have said it any better than this :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius