• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goju Kai in Sydney Australia

thaga

Hi all.

I'm moving back to Sydney after 20 years and I wanted to start training in Goju Kai again.

When I left I was training with Paul Starling's school at the Roseville Church under a black belt named Robert although he doesn't seem to be with them any more.

I'd like to train with him again if possible, as he's one of the best instructors I've had.

Does anyone have any information and/or contact details for him?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF; glad that you're here!!

I'm of no help here because I live in the USA, and I've only been to Australia once for vacation. I hope you find what you've looking for!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

First off welcome to the forum!

Have you tried looking up the person on google?

Would you still be open to training with other schools or are you set on training with Robert?

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately I can't remember his surname.

I've trained at a few other schools around Australia but it never stuck - it was never quite as interesting.

I'm open to training elsewhere, but if he's still in business I'll sign up with him.

First off welcome to the forum!

Have you tried looking up the person on google?

Would you still be open to training with other schools or are you set on training with Robert?

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately I can't remember his surname.

I've trained at a few other schools around Australia but it never stuck - it was never quite as interesting.

I'm open to training elsewhere, but if he's still in business I'll sign up with him.

Is your old school still in operation? If they are still operating you can probably contact them to find out what happened to Robert and what his surname is?

I hope you have luck finding him.

Is your old school still in operation? If they are still operating you can probably contact them to find out what happened to Robert and what his surname is?

They are but they seem to have shrunk greatly.

I'd feel a bit rude asking after him since I don't intend to train there and he might have fallen out with them.

Maybe I'll have to do that eventually though.

• 1 month later...

Also dont be hesitant to come back. In the last 2 years, we have had a lot of former students who used to train 20-30 years ago at the Roseville, Hornsby, North Sydney dojos come back for training. You might meet some of former dojo mates :)

Also dont be hesitant to come back. In the last 2 years, we have had a lot of former students who used to train 20-30 years ago at the Roseville, Hornsby, North Sydney dojos come back for training. You might meet some of former dojo mates :)

Cheers for your help.