• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

nearly threwup

ozm8

Yeah...beer doesn't hydrate the body, if I remember, beer will work opposite for the body compared to what water can do. If there's a lesson to be learned here, then possible that might be it...maybe.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 4 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When I push my body well past its limits, this is when I feel sick.

Heat can also cause this...if you start to feel sick, take a break or slow it down until you are felling a little better.

You're body is showing you that you are human.

“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi

Sounds like a hydration issue to me.

During water break do not gulp down the water! If you feel nauseous it is likely you're too dehydrated or taking in too much water too quickly. If you're dehydrated and take a lot of water your body can actually vomit that water back out. Instead, take smaller mouthfuls only.

:karate:

This ^^^

Make sure you are well hydrated before training, and don't hook into your drink bottle during training or until warmed down after.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• 3 weeks later...

Just one alcoholic drink before training or any sustained physical effort is enough to disrupt the system. I did it once as an experiment and the results really put me off of drinking anything except water.

With just one drink an hour or two before training, I had to push myself twice as hard to do less than an hour. Usually I train almost two hours, but because of that one drink I was about ready to collapse on the floor and go to sleep. In fact I felt sleepy and heavy when I started. If you really, really want a drink save it for after training and then the later the better.

Just one alcoholic drink before training or any sustained physical effort is enough to disrupt the system. I did it once as an experiment and the results really put me off of drinking anything except water.

With just one drink an hour or two before training, I had to push myself twice as hard to do less than an hour. Usually I train almost two hours, but because of that one drink I was about ready to collapse on the floor and go to sleep. In fact I felt sleepy and heavy when I started. If you really, really want a drink save it for after training and then the later the better.

Could always consider it scenario training :wink: its quite common for people to get into altercations after alcohol

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

It depends where and with whom one associates with. In my case, the alcohol is much more likely to be affecting the attacker's system. Then again, I make it a point to avoid being in places where there might be people who are drinking and or likely to become aggressive. For me it just isn't a likely scenario. There is nothing quite like a cold, frosty one AFTER training. Mmmm, dojo beer!

I used to work with a strength & conditioning coach who didn't feel like he was pushing hard enough until everyone vomited. Div I football guys. One of my favorite lines - "Hey Marra, you're either puking or running, and right now you're not doing either, so let's go!!!"

The guys would usually throw up in a predictable order. Our QB who started a few seasons for the Arizona Cardinals was typically the second to last one, and a LB who was on the Vikings roster for a few seasons was always last. Once those two threw up, the S&C coach was satisfied. Last I heard, that S&C coach was with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Yeah...beer doesn't hydrate the body, if I remember, beer will work opposite for the body compared to what water can do. If there's a lesson to be learned here, then possible that might be it...maybe.

oh! ... um .... What about Rum and coke?

;-)

When training eat at least 2 hrs BEFORE you train.

Always have water at hand, training or not, its what the body is made for and needs, evolution a few thousand years can't be wrong!! ;-)

Then when training water should be sipped a few small mouth fulls at a time, not gulped down in pints etc!

If you take on to much to quick, the body will do what it needs to normalise itself to correct this and ... eject the the problem!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

oh! ... um .... What about Rum and coke?

;-)

This is a technique advance system. :wink:

“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi