• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ellbow

tsuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It might be, but to eliminate possibilities, I'd encourage you to see your doctor to see for sure.

Good luck, and please keep us up to date.

Is there anything else that you might share with us MA wise, so that we can go from there.

Please visit a doctor!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

It sounds to me like you have been locking your elbow while doing air-punching (kihon and kata), and have managed to damage the joint. You should never fully extend your arm to the point where the joint cannot flex any further when you are punching the air, for that reason. That said, I'm not a doctor--I highly recommend you go see an orthopedic surgeon and have them check it out.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

If the pain is all muscular, and reduces with application of cold, its likely just tendon & muscle that's been affected. I agree with everyone else that you should seek medical care, and in the meantime give your arm a break. You don't want to make it worse.

:karate:

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

If the pain is all muscular, and reduces with application of cold, its likely just tendon & muscle that's been affected. I agree with everyone else that you should seek medical care, and in the meantime give your arm a break. You don't want to make it worse.

:karate:

The bold type above...Excellent suggestion!!

It sounds to me like you have been locking your elbow while doing air-punching (kihon and kata), and have managed to damage the joint. You should never fully extend your arm to the point where the joint cannot flex any further when you are punching the air, for that reason. That said, I'm not a doctor--I highly recommend you go see an orthopedic surgeon and have them check it out.

This is exactly what I thought of, too. If this is the case, then you should probably rest and ice the joint, and when you get back, slow your punches and striking down so that you can finish properly. As you get the feel for how you should finish, you'll be able to build speed back up.

If this is not the case, please let us know!

Perfect time to practice your kicks!! This will give your poor elbow some resting time. Hang in there!!

....after years of training i can not stretch my ellbow while punching (kihon-kata) because it hurts after a while.

the arm is while punching only 80% stretched

is that an incorrect technique?

When you say "stretch" your elbow, do you mean you straighten it all the way and it still looks bent? Because my elbow is like that and there's really nothing that can be done, it just doesn't go all the way straight.

....after years of training i can not stretch my ellbow while punching (kihon-kata) because it hurts after a while.

the arm is while punching only 80% stretched

is that an incorrect technique?

When you say "stretch" your elbow, do you mean you straighten it all the way and it still looks bent? Because my elbow is like that and there's really nothing that can be done, it just doesn't go all the way straight.

Not all elbows appear ramrod straight when the arm is fully extended. Either because of a broken arm in the past, or whatever.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

i can straighten the arm but i dont want to do that because while a strong punch the elbow hurts and i don't feel secure with the elbow.

that's why i straighten the arm while punching only 70%