• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Days Of The Week!!

I've always found Fridays have universally for the very reasons above etc been a slow to dead occasion!

Years ago when I first started karate, the dojo held classes on Monday,Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday mornings.

When I was at collage studying Engineering I was for the first year very ... very serious about it and MA, both were a release from the other, not to mentioned the fact I went on holiday with the family one year knowing that a letter of acceptance for either a military or engineering career might/could be on the mat when we got back!

So I decided to apply the same dedication to either. As turned out it was the engineering letter was on the mat .. so I kept my promise about dedication!

...meaning drinking was for Saturdays!

Now I'm older, much older, a little wiser ... maybe ... less 'serious' for sure, and in this dojo unlike the other they offer a three night week.

One of the nights/sessions offered is a none formal night and that is on Fridays!

To this many of the guys are massive football (soccer) fans in this dojo, where in my last dojo were not, so sometimes international matches have attendance drop through the floor!.

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Used to shrink on Thursday (last adult training day of the week) bc our Sensei was consistently physically pushing us harder especially when he went thru a circuit training phase.

Now I would say our Monday nights are the lightest.