• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slogans!!

Does the school, where you train and/or teach at have a slogan? If so, where can it be found?

It's no surprise with anybody here what my dojo's slogan is...Proof Is On The Floor!! It can be found in two places...over the dojo's main training floor entrance AND dominately across the north wall where I teach from!!

How about you??

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some odd reason we have Walt Disney's "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It" on our wall. Granted, we share our space with a wrestling team, but I'm not quite sure how the quote relates to either activity...

Probably the most uttered phrase by my instructor, however, is "What you don't practice, you can't do".

For some odd reason we have Walt Disney's "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It" on our wall. Granted, we share our space with a wrestling team, but I'm not quite sure how the quote relates to either activity...

Probably the most uttered phrase by my instructor, however, is "What you don't practice, you can't do".

The Walt Disney slogan speaks MAists, one and all!! I like it!! Who put it up...The wrestling school or your MA school??

I embrace what your instructor says all of the time; it speaks so true!! That's why I'm always telling my students to practice with an intentional purpose!!

:)

The Walt Disney slogan speaks MAists, one and all!! I like it!! Who put it up...The wrestling school or your MA school??

True. I'm not sure who originally put it up. I went away for two years to serve with AmeriCorps and when I came back, it was up. Never inquired as to its origins.

True. I'm not sure who originally put it up. I went away for two years to serve with AmeriCorps and when I came back, it was up. Never inquired as to its origins.

Oh, ok! Thank you!

:D

"If you aren't sweating then it's not Karate!" :karate:

I can run for 30 minutes, and then lift weights without hardly breaking a sweat.

20 minutes of MA training, and I'm normally soaked.

To search for the old is to understand the new.

The old, the new, this is a matter of time.

In all things man must have a clear mind.

The Way: Who will pass it on straight and well?

- Master Funakoshi

We don't have a slogan, but there are some phrases that float around the dojo an awful lot.

"Every movement has a purpose."

"You have to hit things to be good at hitting things."

"Pain does not exist in this dojo!" :P

Etc.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Our gym's slogan is "You Have No Excuse," mainly because its a 24 hour access gym. I could get onto our TKD floor at any time, because I have a key to the room. But the slogan mainly applies to the gym, as not every student has access to the gym 24 hours, or a key to the room.