• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fictional movies that inspired a specific...

My favorite Ma was Bruce Lee Inter the Dragon its cool movie But i didn't joined Martial arts because of him its because i saw this karate guys Called Flores bros kenpo karate and the 1st time i saw them they did their kata and technique and it was amazing and awesome i was amazed and i said to my self someday ill joined their karate studio and i did and ive been traning for 1 year and 6 months and im a blue belt im also member of the swat team

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No retreat No surrender bar none! Before I saw this movie when I was 8 (in 1987 *cough* *I'm not old* *cough*) I had never heard of someone named Bruce Lee. After I watched this film I was hooked, not only on the Martial Arts but on Bruce Lee as well. That movie inspired me to take Tae Kwon Do, in which I received my black belt at age 10...I still watch it when I'm feeling nostalgic lol

“It is said the warrior's is the twofold Way of pen and sword, and he should have a taste for both Ways. Even if a man has no natural ability he can be a warrior by sticking assiduously to both divisions of the Way. Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.”

―Miyamoto Musashi

• 1 month later...

I'm of the Bruce Lee generation, but my all time favourite would have to be "Fearless" with Jet Li. Simple story line, well told.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

For me it was the flood of martial arts films in the mid-eighties that spilled over into the nineties. Most were horribly done but there were a few gems.

:karate:

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu