• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Facepalm by GKR (Groan)

Nidan Melbourne

Appears to me that they were quite close minded through and through, imho!! To say well known Kata's don't exist is one thing, however, they should of at least said that those Kata's were unknown to them for whatever reason.

Learn all of the Kata's that one wants to, but in my opinion, no Bunkai, then no kata. Have to learn and discover the many endless applications that await the practitioner.

Another fine example, imho, of not having a minimum idea of what they're speaking about! It's akin to walking into a dark room without a flashlight; almost immediately you're going to run into something.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should've sparred with him there and then.

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

I have a healthy respect for Goju ryu, being a Shotokan person I have watched their Kata for some time and thought it was very interesting. I know that other styles exist and that other Kata exists outside of Shotokan Kata. This just smacks of ignorance and being kept in the dark by a instructor who probably suffered from the same. We call it the mushroom effect here in Canada...kept in the dark and fed....well you know! :lol:

Even monkeys fall from trees