• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BJJ Black Belt

Some of you have seen this on Facebook, but for those that haven't I wanted to pass on that I was awarded my BJJ Black Belt last Saturday after a seminar that my coach ran.

Even though I've ranked in other arts, this one was particularly special to me. The duration of training, the hours, the times I'd wanted to take it up all factor in to how I view this promotion vs. others.

I've had some great coaches and training partner that have made this happen, including some of the people that lurk around here (GS, MP, and occassioanlly LP.)

Thanks to everyone for that.

This has been a journy that started no gi for me in 2006. I then moved to gi and went entierly BJJ in 2009. I've been doing it primarily since. However, my desire to be a good grappler goes back to UFC 1 when I, and everyone else of my age, watched Royce Gracie introduce it to the world. After that I got into Shootfighting in the mid 90's to fill the void until I finally had the opportunity, time, and disposable income (mywife would argue that last one :lol: ) to do BJJ.

It's been a great journey so far and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats on your promotion, Alex! Very well deserved! Judging by the videos that you share with us here, your students are very, very fortunate. Keep up the great work! :karate:

Congrats, Alex....very well deserved. Feels good, huh?

Not that you've anything to prove to me, I just want to say...you're definitely a black belt that CAN teach; your students are in great hands!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Wow. That's awesome in the full "awe" sense of the word. I have a ton of respect for BJJ black blacks. The sheer amount of training that goes it to it makes it such a unique accomplishment. Way to go!

Congrats! I know only 1 BJJ black belt and a bunch of other brown and blue belts, and I know their skill level. Never having trained in BJJ but seeing their skill level at a lower belt shows me that to obtain a black belt in BJJ, your skill level must be amazing.

So congrats on your awesome accomplishment!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.