• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's been your biggest struggle as a martial artist?

juggling family schedule (my son's karate/swimming/guitar/cub scouts) while my husband and I both also train at the Dojo, and trying to stay healthy (cardio exercise and eating right).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

juggling family schedule (my son's karate/swimming/guitar/cub scouts) while my husband and I both also train at the Dojo, and trying to stay healthy (cardio exercise and eating right).

And how!!!!!!!!!!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 1 month later...
Round house kick is still my nemesis.

Don't feel too bad about it, I can no longer hit with a left roundhouse the way I like (shin/instep), and it will be a very long time before that becomes possible again.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

Only 24 hours in a day and only 7 days a week and only 12 months in a year and only 365 days in year...If I only had more time!!

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I can definitely second this. I'm juggling a little boy and wife, full time job, half time night school and my karate classes.

Keeping myself from re-injuring my shoulder is also a tough one. Though it's been 6 months since it's been reset, I still feel it daily and it's definitely a subconscious point of concern while training.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Having to travel further and further to get the education you need. This both due to moving to another location due to work, but also because of needing increasingly experienced mentors because you yourself are getting more experienced.

"The ultimate aim of the art of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the characters of its participants."

Gichin Funakoshi