• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Sessions Ruined by Slippery Floors

Thank you for the responses everyone. This isn't a problem that happens often; it seems like it happens whenever the weather gets cooler. I'm not sure how that would cause this problem since I'm working out indoors, but that seems to be the pattern. Whenever it happens, though, it drives me nuts. For my most recent work out, I rubbed some gym chalk on my feet, and that seemed to help, but whatever condition causes this phenomena may have been absent. In either case, I may have found a fix for future notice.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've never encountered what you've been experiencing in 50 years I've been on many different floor types. Train to grip the floor with your feet and keep your feet underneath you and not so wide and/or long.

Shoes? Well, if it'll help and if it'll be allowed, and while training your core!!

:)

Sanchin!

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

We train our main skills day in a tennis/basketball court due to having more people than room in our actual Dojo!!

Beginners always find it hard on the feet and sometimes slippery but it's amazing how your body adapts with practice and training. I love the wooden floor now. In fact sparring on the matts i bent my toe about four times because i wasn't used to it.

One thing i would say about shoes that we have seen during kicking drills, trainers don't allow as much slip as feet do... so any kick that requires you to twist the standing foot can but massive pressure on your ankles as the trainers restrict that twisting movement so be mindful of that.

That which does not kill us, must have missed us.

- Miowara Tomoka

The school is responsible in ensuring that the training surface is safe for all types of training for all students! Easier said than done? Sure, but a solution must be found for the safety of everyone.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!