• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Would this be going over the top at grading?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the only place I spoke about double grading was with my father-in-law and on this forum. I didn't want to ask the CI at the risk of looking arrogant.

I don't think they were planning to do it because when I got my grading certificate they said they didn't have a spare green-white belt with them to award and I'd have to get one this week from the dojo.

No the only place I spoke about double grading was with my father-in-law and on this forum. I didn't want to ask the CI at the risk of looking arrogant.

I don't think they were planning to do it because when I got my grading certificate they said they didn't have a spare green-white belt with them to award and I'd have to get one this week from the dojo.

Why weren't they prepared with needed materials for the promotion? No excuse, imho!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I would not add takedowns to the test unless you have been taught them because you could injure someone if you do not know what your doing and even if you know what your doing.

Our Soshi has a torn ACL because of a testing with one of his students. This student, according to Soshi, has extensive knowledge when it comes to take downs do to his back ground in other arts. However he still caught him wrong and his ACL is still torn.

If you were to test with me and you added unnecessary takedowns that could jepardize your fellow students it would be an automatic fail in my book. If you were to hurt someone trying to execute things that you have not been taught it will be held against you and you will probably be viewed as reckless.

Don't ask your Sensei or anyone else to double grade. If you're at that level, your Sensei will already know it without you trying to bring his attention to it.

The test is to gauge where you are in your journey not where you want to be or think you should be.

Devil Dog

Godan

Shorin ryu, goju ryu, isshin ryu, kobudo.