• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: you guys are too funny. :up:

I must say we have several males here that are very understanding and accomodating to the wants and "needs" of their spouse.

This is a subject that really hits close to home for me cos' I've "been there, done that"!

You cannot be selfish when you have children, but most especially young children. They should come before anything that has to do with yourself ... so you should be "ready" to have children. But that is not to say that you should neglect your own needs and desires ....you just need to find a happy medium in which to satisfy them. This is where having an understanding spouse comes in. I gotta tell you, I've been blessed with an awesome husband and 3 fantastic kids.

I may have mentioned this before..... but this is why there is such a low percentage of female martial artists over the age of say 30 --- and it is a shame! There are many women in my fitness kickbox class that manage to get out twice a week to workout with or without their kids (we have a room for the kids) ... but to many the discipline that tae kwon do requires is a bit scary to them ... (we have managed to convince a few of the women to check out a TKD class and hopefully they will continue but the odds are never that good).

Stick it out KarateMom .... it will take time for him to see the benefits of your martial art training :karate: :up: ... but I'm sure one day he will be as proud as my husband and kids are of me!

This is a subject that really hits close to home for me cos' I've "been there, done that"!

You cannot be selfish when you have children, but most especially young children. They should come before anything that has to do with yourself ... so you should be "ready" to have children. But that is not to say that you should neglect your own needs and desires ....you just need to find a happy medium in which to satisfy them. This is where having an understanding spouse comes in.

Yes, there must be compromise. My kids come first, no questions asked. I train 3 to 4 times a week (my class starts at 8:00 which is bedtime) and I make sure that my wife gets to run and workout (right after work and on weekends). We do this around two children and their activities (baseball, dance, school, etc). Our schedules are tight but we are a family first. It is a balancing act.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 2 weeks later...

Difficult situation, dear KarateMom... I think as others said before here, you should really TALK to your husband about that. You're an orange belt. You've worked hard to get here. And it's your life.

The only things that gets me on my nerves here is that he wouldn't allow you to go to that extra session. ALLOW? My God.

As for myself, my ex-boyfriend wanted me to quit karate. And we separated after almost 3 years. Next year we wanted to get merried :-?

I'm glad we didn't. This is not real love :)

MA is kind of selfish indeed. But he should support you. A good example is set by KickChick's husband :)

• 2 weeks later...

KickChick,

He has started to see the benifits of me taking Karate. He likes the way my body is starting to tone up after having our second child! He has also helped me train and has noticed I am lot faster than I used to be!

~*KarateMom*~

Use what works! I do. My wife is thrilled that I have something that has allowed me to lead a more healthy life. I am now down to my "fighting" weight, a place that I haven't seen since we met, just over ten years ago.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 2 weeks later...
Men! We are so predictable! Bring anything we think will improve our sex life and we jump right on the bandwagon. Can you smell the testosterone? It's powerful stuff! :lol:

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Men! We are so predictable! Bring anything we think will improve our sex life and we jump right on the bandwagon. Can you smell the testosterone? It's powerful stuff! :lol:

Oh, my girlfriend is more than happy with the results of my martial arts training. Both in terms of the physical shape I'm in and the protection she gets.

^__~ I guess it's not just men that are in it for the sex appeal then.