• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keep it simple!

mal103

I see a lot of information on health and fitness, I even witness people using the gym sticking to a strict routine of exercise and drinking shakes, taking vitamins etc. good luck to them but I prefer the more simple approach...

There is a great advert on the TV in the UK at the moment with Mo - the runner that did so well during the Olympics - people often ask him his secret and he replies something like eat well and train hard. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best and ONLY way in my opinion is eat clean and exercise, so many folk at work trying Hebal Life and such like, I sound like a broken records when folk tell me this "don't use that rubbish, there's no nutritional content in it, you'll only put the weight back on after it, etc, etc" nobody listens and sure enough after a few months (at most) they stop drinking it and the weight is back and usually a bit more to boot. There's no quick fix, it's a lifestyle change that's needed, not the latest craze diet/detox/juice craze. I eat clean and work out, and only supplement is a protein shake after a tough one. Job done.

M.

Be water, my friend.

There's no quick fix, it's a lifestyle change that's needed, not the latest craze diet/detox/juice craze.

M.

Truer words have never been spoken !!! :karate:

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

I see a lot of information on health and fitness, I even witness people using the gym sticking to a strict routine of exercise and drinking shakes, taking vitamins etc. good luck to them but I prefer the more simple approach...

There is a great advert on the TV in the UK at the moment with Mo - the runner that did so well during the Olympics - people often ask him his secret and he replies something like eat well and train hard. :)

I believe that Mo is right on the money with reply!! It's not rocket science! Still, always get with your doctor before doing anything health related, imho!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

hmm.. never been big on 'protein shakes' and the new 'Cheeseburger Diet' or whatever is in fashion .. ;-)

I eat what I eat, I eat less of the fatty stuff, but i still eat a burger or kebab and I eat more of the healthy stuff, more chicken,tuna or fruit!

The idea of counting calories, is ... well to me way to complicated!

To me you eat you train, if the weight goes up you train more or eat less of something!

Protein is higher on the menu that it used to be (more chicken more tuna) but to not over do it on the protein front, I wrap it up in some bread! ;-)

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Yep. I was told by my mate who is a PT that most people think that the correct thing to do to loose weight is:

Do Cardio -- Lots

Do weights - Some

Change Diet -- a little.

Which inst the case. Most people have it back to front. In reality that should be:

Change Diet -- Lots

Do Cardio -- Some

Do Wights -- a little

Diet is a huge factor for most people carrying excess weight. As someone that has lost 8 - 10 KGs in the last year it seems true. My diet isnt that tailored either i am just watching how much i am putting in my body. No fad diets or special programs. Just not eating more than i need. Most people would be shocked how much sugar and empty calories are in things like fruit juice!!

That which does not kill us, must have missed us.

- Miowara Tomoka

Yep. I was told by my mate who is a PT that most people think that the correct thing to do to loose weight is:

Do Cardio -- Lots

Do weights - Some

Change Diet -- a little.

Which inst the case. Most people have it back to front. In reality that should be:

Change Diet -- Lots

Do Cardio -- Some

Do Wights -- a little

Diet is a huge factor for most people carrying excess weight. As someone that has lost 8 - 10 KGs in the last year it seems true. My diet isnt that tailored either i am just watching how much i am putting in my body. No fad diets or special programs. Just not eating more than i need. Most people would be shocked how much sugar and empty calories are in things like fruit juice!!

...or how little actual meat is in some of the mass produced rubbish like Chicken kievs or sausages. In the cheaper ones its all the "stuff" left over after they cut off the meat.

The very concept of dieting always seemed like utter nonsense to me. A little bit of reading into human history confirmed my point of view when I realized that the idea of dieting is only about 60 or 70 years old at most.

Look at lumberjacks and farmers of a few decades ago. They ate three big meals a day and were strong and tough. I guarantee you would have a hard time finding one who was fat. That is because of the repeated daily tasks involving hard physical effort. They ate what they wanted as much as they wanted.

If you eat like a lumberjack but don't work like one, you will just get fatter and fatter. However, if you train hard everyday and drink plenty of water it won't matter what or how much you eat. It's that simple

The very concept of dieting always seemed like utter nonsense to me. A little bit of reading into human history confirmed my point of view when I realized that the idea of dieting is only about 60 or 70 years old at most.

Look at lumberjacks and farmers of a few decades ago. They ate three big meals a day and were strong and tough. I guarantee you would have a hard time finding one who was fat. That is because of the repeated daily tasks involving hard physical effort. They ate what they wanted as much as they wanted.

If you eat like a lumberjack but don't work like one, you will just get fatter and fatter. However, if you train hard everyday and drink plenty of water it won't matter what or how much you eat. It's that simple

I think there is something to that. However, being in good shape doesn't mean one's cholesterol isn't affected. That's the only thing I would caution on.

I agree with that to an extent... but just because we did something a while ago and got on OK doesn't mean we can't be better informed and get on better.

Case in point look at today's athletes compared to those from a few decades ago. They are in much better shape and train and eat much smarter because they (and their trainers) understand more. Result is they're getting faster and stronger and breaking more records.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius