• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great Martial Arts Shoes

Hello all,

After about a year of searching for shoes, I am glad to say I have finally found a pair that are suitable for my flat, wide feet. I stumbled across Tai-Chi Tranquility one day on the internet, which, amongst other things, sells custom measured martial arts shoes. All in all the shoes were only ~$85 (which is a really a great deal considering that includes the international shipping) and they fit perfectly. Most importantly, they have an option for using a different sole for wide feet (which doesn't halve in width halfway through the sole like most other martial arts shoes). I would suggest their shoes to anyone who needs a good traditional martial arts shoe, especially those with wider and/or flatter feet.

If anyone wants to know more, feel free to ask!

Van

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sounds nice. Are you able to flex and form your feet pretty well for whatever kicking tool you use? Years ago, I had a pair of TKD kicking shoes, but I had the same experience with the narrow sole, and I was more wobbly in them than I was barefoot.

I don't feel like the shoes are too restrictive as far as ankle/foot flexing movements (although there is some inevitable restriction due to the fact they're shoes). I actually think that a sturdier construction is actually more helpful with these shoes as opposed to the last pair (which was quite soft/pliable), as it prevents my feet from bulging and sliding off the sole and keeps that foot and the shoe moving as one.

Van

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds great that you found somewhere that does custom MA shoes.

I have awkward feet and is often hard to get comfortable shoes. Although for Karate and BJJ i don't wear shoes.

And I wear runners/converse 90% of the time, but i know how to defend myself whilst wearing them.