• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate ''usage'' at home

Iskrax

Have you ever broke something in house using yours karate skills :D?

I just broke a lamp using back kick :D. I laughed and after 5 minutes got attacked by parents :D. It was fun

Do you have any similar experiences like mine?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When I was a JBB, I was practicing flying side kicks in the back yard behind the garage. Well, it wasn't my fault when my right foot went right through the wall of the garage. It was either put my foot through the garage wall or land on my dog; I choose the garage wall.

Mom wasn't too happy, but she saw my options weren't all to favorable. I'm sure my dog, Bullet, was relieved with my choices.

:)

edit: Spelling errors

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Not at home, but during training I recently put a hole in the plasterboard wall of one of our Dojo's...

I was demonstrating the front kick and how it should be done with more push forwards, it was supposed to stop short but I managed to knock a hole the size of the ball of my foot into the wall, luckily it wasn't a solid wall.

I once broke the TV (an expensive one at that) at home once. It was when i was an orange belt and was practicing spinning kicks (stupidly) and clocked the tv dead bang in the middle with my heel

Had to wear a pillow on my butt for a month after that.

I once broke the TV (an expensive one at that) at home once. It was when i was an orange belt and was practicing spinning kicks (stupidly) and clocked the tv dead bang in the middle with my heel

:rofl:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Train outside. Or do smaller movements. I haven't broke anything indoors.

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

No home accidents but of the the four holes in our dojo walls and the broken outlet cover I've been involved in all of the and the repair as well. It's bound to happen from time to time when you have breakable things around.

I'm ashamed to say in a teenage bad temper I once slammed my bedroom door and then kicked it for good measure. My foot went straight through it :o needless to say my dad (who was already mad) was furious. Must be about 10 years ago now but it was the first moment I though "wow I could really do some damage with my training". Made me really focus on not losing it so often. Funny enough from that moment onwards, tameshiwari clicked for me.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Never broken anything while training :D

A tip for beginners while home training:

When practicing kicks, try breaking them down into slow controlled movements. Really try to exaggerate the full motion of the proper techniques.

This will create great improvement. And of course make for less likelihood of broken objects. :P

To search for the old is to understand the new.

The old, the new, this is a matter of time.

In all things man must have a clear mind.

The Way: Who will pass it on straight and well?

- Master Funakoshi

:rofl:

My parents were not happy at all!