• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several proud moments.

The first one was testing and passing my shodan test. It was a hard grueling test that I didn't think I was going to be able to finish. I was taken to what I thought were my limits mentally and physically and shown I could go further. Very much like boot camp.

Second, I used to teach DT at the police academy (which I may do again). Although, it was an established curriculum and being an amalgamation of different techniques from different styles I used my training and experience to enhance it. No greater feeling then being told later by an officer that the training I gave them has helped them stay safe.

Thirdly, proud to still be training after 30 years. When I first started training I never in my wildest dreams thought i would be at it for so long.

Tony

Probably getting my yellow belt in judo. It's so different and out of my element. I didn't get things right away like I usually do and had to really work at it. It was a big accomplishment for me.

In my short journey (4 months) ... no proud moments yet ... hopefully I have one soon to share with you guys :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

My proud Moment as a Martial artist a lot

When I was in shotokan and entered like 4 tournament i win 1st place also im in the bakersfield news paper with my felllow karatekas

when I was in Kenpo Karate I was in the Black belt club Swat Team and I have outstanding attendance patch and i also have a Black Belt Club patch and soon to get my Swat team Patch and I entered kenpo karate tournament 2 times last year and this year and I got 1st place twice and ive been in Kenpo Karate for almost 9 months now and hopefullly to get my blue belt next month or this month

I love Shotokan Karate Do and American Kenpo Karate

A couple of years ago, I was told that I was mentioned in the local newspaper back home. It turns out that a young karate student from my old dojo had been interviewed because he was a very promising student and active member of the community. They asked him who his role model was, and he said that it was me! I trained with him for a little over a year and, as one of the senior students at the dojo, I taught many of his classes and helped him through techniques and kata on many occasions. I never expected that I would have made such a big impact on him that, several years later, he would say that I was still his role model! I admit that it still gets me a little choked up, but I'm kind of a sap :P. I have to say, I'm VERY proud of him! He's a great young man, and destined for great things!

ETA: I found the article, here (http://www.pjstar.com/x459327375/Tyler-Peifer)

That's pretty cool. You've done your job well.

Its hard to pick just one. I'd say that getting my original black belt when I was in the ATA was way up there. Getting to train with Royce Gracie is way up there, as well. Meeting with sensei8 and doing our training time together is another great one, and on that I think we will repeat sometime this year.

A couple of years ago, I was told that I was mentioned in the local newspaper back home. It turns out that a young karate student from my old dojo had been interviewed because he was a very promising student and active member of the community. They asked him who his role model was, and he said that it was me! I trained with him for a little over a year and, as one of the senior students at the dojo, I taught many of his classes and helped him through techniques and kata on many occasions. I never expected that I would have made such a big impact on him that, several years later, he would say that I was still his role model! I admit that it still gets me a little choked up, but I'm kind of a sap :P. I have to say, I'm VERY proud of him! He's a great young man, and destined for great things!

ETA: I found the article, here (http://www.pjstar.com/x459327375/Tyler-Peifer)

That's pretty cool. You've done your job well.

Its hard to pick just one. I'd say that getting my original black belt when I was in the ATA was way up there. Getting to train with Royce Gracie is way up there, as well. Meeting with sensei8 and doing our training time together is another great one, and on that I think we will repeat sometime this year.

Yes, we will!! Hopefully this September or October!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

For me, it was being the first Shodan in my school. I never felt that anybody really believed that I had what it took (as far as my fellow practitioners went). I was never the favorite or the highest rank but I stuck it through and not only achieved Shodan but was the first within the organization to do so. It meant a lot to me in a very egotistical, not very sportsman like way. It was a win that I could be very selfish about because I did it through hard work and I like to think that I was very humble about my victory. At least in public.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/