• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Opinion's on the following styles.

MrNice

Hello,

So what are your opinions on the following styles? Think about ups and downs etc.

- Wado Ryu;

- Kyokushin;

- Shotokan;

- Goju Ryu;

- Uechi ryu;

- Shaolin kempo.

Kinda curious on the opinions. I'm aware that there's other styles, so if you'd like to voice your opinion on another style, it'd be very nice!

Regards,

Me.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree -all good systems

it's all about the practitioner. - I know you probably suspected that answer but it's true.

I prefer to stay away from competition based systems but I have no doubt any of those systems you take and own, will serve you.

Personally I train Goju Ryu and I have to say I love it. Nice mix of soft and hard, internal and external, combatative and strong yet delicate and meditative. My only regret is not finding it earlier.

I know the different systems have different focuses based on the creators preference. Goju Ryu in my limited experience so far, is about properly generating power, close in fighting, body conditioning, (taking strikes and building strength, and more.

I know there are systems with better kicks, systems that could better equip me for the battlefield or for the street but I think there's a balance. And I'm content with it.

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

No Karate system is superior to the other, all of those styles are good to learn. As long as you have a good proper Sensei who teaches you genuine stuff, then you're all set. However, you will get people who prefer the ferocious full contact and high intensity style such as Kyokushin and some people who prefer others.

My opinion on this is in my sig.

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

Thank you for all the replies! Honestly, the way I think about it is:"It's not the style, it's the teacher and the dojo."

I disagree. I think that it's the practitioner. I've seen some terrible MAists come out of fantastic schools with fantastic teachers and I've seen some fantastic MAists come out of terrible schools with terrible teachers.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

They're all good styles, imo.

"The teacher is more important than the style."- Higa Yuchoku

Solid post; I wholeheartedly concur!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Everyone more or less gave the same answer. But yeah also remember: "No such thing as a bad student, only a bad teacher."

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!