• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aren't we lucky!

After many years of practicing JKD, Muay Thai, and BJJ, I've decided to try something entirely new to me: TKD!

I loved being a white belt and am super proud of just earning my yellow belt!

Martial Arts is truly about the journey. Enjoy and make the most of each and every day. It's easy to get bogged down with the mundane, in this brother and sisterhood of martial arts we are most fortunate to see or at least pursue our fullest potential! We are very lucky indeed!

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We certainly are! :)

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

We're lucky indeed... And, yes, the "white belt" feeling is great. We just had a "white belt" class this past weekend (everyone wore their white belts, including instructors) to remind everyone what it's like to be a beginner and to always have a beginner's mind...

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

Yes, we are lucky. One of the great things I look forward to is being able to learn and teach something every week. Having great people around helps, too.

Yes, we are lucky. One of the great things I look forward to is being able to learn and teach something every week. Having great people around helps, too.

Indeed... :)

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

We're lucky indeed... And, yes, the "white belt" feeling is great. We just had a "white belt" class this past weekend (everyone wore their white belts, including instructors) to remind everyone what it's like to be a beginner and to always have a beginner's mind...

:karate:

I love that; always have and I always will!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!