• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got this crazy guy bothering me he is mentally chalenged

I got this mental guy following me and he is a crook and he steals things very sneakily and well I'm going to tell him to not come around any more and I'm in a tang soo do class and I've learned the first 5 white belt combinaions so are they good for self defense?

Nick-American tang soo do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Slippery slope!

First thing is this- if he's mentally challenged, then he may not know right from wrong, and that's dangerous. I'd get with the authorities and let them know that you're concerned. As a martial artist, the first thing is to try to avoid violence, and that can prevent a violent encounter.

As for self defense- if he's mentally challenged, then he probably doesn't have much combat training. So if a conflict can't be avoided, protect yourself to the best of your abilities. I'm not sure about the specific techniques you mention, but TSD is an effective art. It all depends on the individual employing the techniques!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Slippery slope!

First thing is this- if he's mentally challenged, then he may not know right from wrong, and that's dangerous. I'd get with the authorities and let them know that you're concerned. As a martial artist, the first thing is to try to avoid violence, and that can prevent a violent encounter.

As for self defense- if he's mentally challenged, then he probably doesn't have much combat training. So if a conflict can't be avoided, protect yourself to the best of your abilities. I'm not sure about the specific techniques you mention, but TSD is an effective art. It all depends on the individual employing the techniques!

To the bold type above...Solid post!! I wholeheartedly concur!! The sooner, the better, imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Fantastic advice!

I agree 100%, contact the authorities and avoid confrontation with this guy.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Slippery slope!

To the bold type above...Solid post!! I wholeheartedly concur!! The sooner, the better, imho.

:)

I agree as well. Get the authorities involved. You should be able to go to your district courthouse and see what you can do about setting up a no-contact order or some kind of protection from abuse/stalking order. You will have to substantiate your claims when you apply, so be ready to write down reasons for your application.

Now, as for the self-defense steps. Not all of us do Tang Soo Do, so we don't know what they include. You need to ask yourself, or tell us, how you practice these. Do you practice in a realistic way, or like a one-step format? Have you tried to apply them against a resisting opponent? This will go a long way in answering your questions.

Keep up posted, and let us know how it goes and what you choose to do. Stay safe.