• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which is better ?!!

Safroot

Is it better to concentrate more on the basics that I have in my white belt syllabus for grading and try to improve and fine tune my techniques in it or is it better to ask a BB friend to teach me the more advanced stuff (punches, kicks, blocks, ....etc).

My advice, stick with the basics and work on them. The belt syllabus is there to add techniques to your training, as you go through it. Nothing wrong with learning more advanced techniques, but at this very early stage, I would advise against.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safroot, just chill out - progress is really slow, its like that for anyone. Be patient, do what your sensei says, practice on your own as much as you can, and let the pieces fall into place. IMHO patience is essential to longevity.

Your doing all you can which is more then MOST

If it was easy, everyone would do it. you've chosen a challenged path. Now walk it.

Trust your Sensei, if hes happy with your progress, keep working!

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

Safroot, just chill out - progress is really slow, its like that for anyone. Be patient, do what your sensei says, practice on your own as much as you can, and let the pieces fall into place. IMHO patience is essential to longevity.

Your doing all you can which is more then MOST

If it was easy, everyone would do it. you've chosen a challenged path. Now walk it.

Trust your Sensei, if hes happy with your progress, keep working!

Now I have 2 magic words .... Practice & Patience :)

Thanks for your advice :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Is it better to concentrate more on the basics that I have in my white belt syllabus for grading and try to improve and fine tune my techniques in it or is it better to ask a BB friend to teach me the more advanced stuff (punches, kicks, blocks, ....etc).

My advice, stick with the basics and work on them. The belt syllabus is there to add techniques to your training, as you go through it. Nothing wrong with learning more advanced techniques, but at this very early stage, I would advise against.

:up:

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.