• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your MA goal?

Self defense is the main goal for me !

First of all, welcome to KF; glad that you're here!!

Self-defense can be taught, and is taught throughout the world, and in that, learning the basics and then some can be enough to sustain the methodologies of self-defense.

Then, learning how to put all of the individual techniques to use when called upon during defending oneself, that's the experience...that's the journey of a MAist.

:)

Solid post and good point Sesie8 as usual :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learning self-defense has always been a goal of mine, but I'd like to be a master one day. I wouldn't mind a short circuit in some amateur MMA either (I'm still young and fairly certain I could pull this off), although my conditioning and training would need to step up.

The idea of teaching at least part-time somewhere in the future also appeals to me.

Van

My goal is to become worthy of my teacher's expectations and accurately pass on everything he is teaching me. Second to that is to be able to practise and perform all that I know even when I reach advanced age.

Maybe the image of the little old martial arts master with amazing abilities is a movie cliche, but my teacher is exactly like that. If I can do what he can do when I'm his age I know I will have reached my ultimate goal.