• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some nice kicks

Safroot

I found this video while browsing the youtube

I loved the kicking technique (specially the first one) for legend 5 "Kenji Medori" so I decided to share it, may be someone find it interesting too :D

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
nice link. That guy really committed to some of those 1st kicks:)

thanks for sharing.

your are welcome :)

To think these kicks are high risk is an understatement.

Can I ask you why it's not a high risk ones ?!! because I think it's a high risk one as IMO (as a beginner) you can't expect where the kick is going to hit in most of his kicks !

Effective if you are new to receiving them though.

Does that mean all the basic kicks and punches will not be effective because you are not new to receiving them ?!!

IMO its effectiveness and degree of risk will depend mainly on your opponent and the right timing to do it !

Can I ask you why it's not a high risk ones ?!! because I think it's a high risk one as IMO (as a beginner) you can't expect where the kick is going to hit in most of his kicks !

I think he was saying here that they are above high risk.

Does that mean all the basic kicks and punches will not be effective because you are not new to receiving them ?!!

Basic kicks and punches are definitely effective regardless of what level you are. The thing with some of these kicks is that there is a little bit of telegraphing that goes into them. Even if you're very fast when you throw them there is always opportunity to counter and if you know what's coming the counter can be more dangerous than the kick you threw. So as you become known for throwing a certain kick or if you have had a certain kick thrown at you constantly you may be better able to counter effectively. Same with basics though, although it's a little easier to counter simply because at a BB level you've been on the receiving end of these techniques for your entire MA career, however, you don't put yourself in as much risk since you're not leaving the ground to do them (as an example).

Still, awesome video! Thanks for sharing!

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Basic kicks and punches are definitely effective regardless of what level you are. The thing with some of these kicks is that there is a little bit of telegraphing that goes into them. Even if you're very fast when you throw them there is always opportunity to counter and if you know what's coming the counter can be more dangerous than the kick you threw. So as you become known for throwing a certain kick or if you have had a certain kick thrown at you constantly you may be better able to counter effectively. Same with basics though, although it's a little easier to counter simply because at a BB level you've been on the receiving end of these techniques for your entire MA career, however, you don't put yourself in as much risk since you're not leaving the ground to do them (as an example).

Still, awesome video! Thanks for sharing!

Solid post and very nice and clear explanation that I really needed to know :bowofrespect:

I think he was saying here that they are above high risk.

Sorry if got this wrong ... Thanks for clarification :)

To think these kicks are high risk is an understatement.

But, HE knows where the kicks are targeted to.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!