• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

grrrrr it had to be now!

ZeRo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wouldn't push yourself Mike, I think your health is very important, and I wouldn't risk hurting it more until you have a proffessionals opinion. Sorryy, get well soon.

Grrr,

Dee

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

eh, Mike...you can go see a professional but they'll tell you exactly what I am going to tell you (I know from experience!) This is one of the very most common martial arts muscle pulls .... these muscles have an extremely wide range of motion, and they stretch out rapidly as you throw your kicks forward.

Rehabilitation begins with the classic combination of rest, ice, and compression. The amount of rest depends on the severity of the pull or tear and is typically two to three days. This should be followed by limited activity until you are free of pain and fully restretched. Icing the muscle for 20 minutes three or four times a day will reduce the chances of aggravating the condition. Then you can start on a gentle stretching program.

You need to start stretching as soon as possible while the muscle is recovering. As long as the stretch is gentle and steady, you can start as early as the second day after your injury, unless you have a major tear. Go into the stretch slowly without jerking the muscle in order to avoid pulling or tearing it again. Stretch to the point of discomfort but not pain.

let us know how the gradings do Mike :) Good Luck!

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Last Spring me and KarateKid1975 talked about this for a long time in thread. I think it was called pulled hammey. You may want to look through this section and see what advice others have gave.

With that said If you pulled it I would hate to be you. I done it and I slowed me for 6 months. Well I tore mine. A pull is not as bad. Anyway good luck.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Yes, I agree G95. Mike, we did have a long talk about that. And I ended up postponing my test, which I found out later was a smart thing to do (my green belt test could wait at the time). It's been five months since I pulled mine, and I still have to be careful. I still "ache" at times. I got my flexiblilty back, but I still can't push it like I used to. Oh and I passed my blue stripe test with no problem with the hammy, so I guess it's almost healed. It took a long time though. It didn't happen over night. There will be another test. Your health is more important right now.

Laurie F

thanks guys, its ok now though i spose it was only a minor pulling! thanks guys and ill tell you how it all goes on wednesday and saturday. im sure ill pass them both, i know the stuff very well.

once again thanks guys