• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

working janitorial and working out?

chrisw08

I work full time janitorial overnight and was trying to figure out how i can incorperate pushups, pullups or weight training into my routine without disabling my skills at work. The program i was doing before I just got this job was were you do one set of pushups everyday and add one a day right when you wake up in the morning and it worked realy good but now i dont think i could add one a day because of my workload but would like to that which i was adding a weight vest also for more resistance but point is i have to mop everyday pickup pallets and all that if I do pushups everyday will i not be able to move my arms as well at work and limit what I can do? Any advice from anyone that has a full time janitorial job and lifts or does pushups, pullups?

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My question would be, what do you during the day? I would imagine that you don't sleep all day and then go to work.

So my suggestion would be just like full time day job is to incorporate a workout schedule away from work.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Focus on your work, use proper body mechanics, if you want to train while you work, focus on the muscles and how they're working with the activity you're doing... you will notice that it will be working your whole body... I'm a stay at home mom, I find training in everything I do... I also do janitorial work when my husband comes home.

Try to find something to works your whole body, focusing only on one part of your body does not make you stronger. Since this is a martial arts form, I also will disclose, I also do yoga and swimming... yoga for flexibility... swimming for low impact strength training and endurance... I do karate and kobudo weekly as well..

Just keep active and all will be as it should be... :)