• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many of you have checked it out on Youtube?

It is some funny as hell stuff to watch! if you have any particular favourite episodes please link it here for everyones entertainment.

currently my favourite one is the thrust of freedom kata. I'll link it soon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What the gullible don't realize is that the Master Ken character is taking the mike out of them! You can have a seminar with this guy for £45 an hour! All he does is ridicule YOU! If I want a laugh, I'd rather watch Billy Connelly! Lol :lol:

Look to the far mountain and see all.

I'd say that the program has its supporters as well as those who don't support it. At first it was funny, but after a short while, it was no longer funny to me. Sure, one has to be able to laugh at themselves, and I laugh at myself quite a lot. There's a fine line of humor and reality, but only when you perceive it to be so. Perception is reality.

I don't take him serious because he's not. But many of my students have taken him serious at times for their reasons. Pep talks work so long because as one of my teen students said to me a few weeks ago..."This is a form of bullying. It hurts!", and that's important because it's important to the individual, like my teen student.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I do like the clip when he breaks the board on Jesse Enkampe's head.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• 2 months later...

*New Guy Alert* :D

I love that show! I think it is hilarious because, if you've trained at enough places, you've MET those people. While his characters are exaggerations of particular types, those types are scattered throughout the dojo's in real life. Apparently, the guy who plays Master Ken has a pretty solid MA background and made the show based on his experiences at various McDojos. I consider it to be the perfect spoof on a real world situation.

I can't say I have a favorite episode (I've seen ALL of the ones on YouTube) but I definitely have a favorite character - BILLY

"I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine." ~ Bruce Lee

*New Guy Alert* :D

I love that show! I think it is hilarious because, if you've trained at enough places, you've MET those people. While his characters are exaggerations of particular types, those types are scattered throughout the dojo's in real life. Apparently, the guy who plays Master Ken has a pretty solid MA background and made the show based on his experiences at various McDojos. I consider it to be the perfect spoof on a real world situation.

I can't say I have a favorite episode (I've seen ALL of the ones on YouTube) but I definitely have a favorite character - BILLY

Welcome to KF, Trailer_Ape; glad that you're here!!

I'd love to book him for a seminar; it'd be different, as it lessens the protocol of the dojo...a much needed break, much often!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

It's awesome, I'm on series three at the mo. I take it as a MA version of The Office.

Anyone who takes anything from that channel even remotely seriously frankly deserves it imho. ;)

RE-STOMP THE CROTCH!

• 1 year later...

Master Ken is the best. I can watch it for hours.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Master Ken is amazing, as is Ameri-do-te because it has the strength of all styles and the weaknesses of none!

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)