Safroot

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever had one serious karate injury: one punch to the abdomen during my nidan exam that resulted in 3 epigastric hernias.

My track record outside of the dojo is a lot worse though: broken nose from fainting in church, fractured wrist from a bike accident, mild concussion from tripping on a fiberglass character in an amusement park, etc.

I'm a lot less clumsy since I started training 14 years ago.

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

Yesterday was my first injury experience with karate ... nothing serious it was only bruised left arm and right shin :D just wanted to document my first injury :lol:

What were you doing to get your first injury? Should I say congrats on going through that rite of passage? Lol. I'm glad to hear it doesn't sound too bad at least!

Lol ... It was during sparring (7 rounds) :D

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Yesterday was my first injury experience with karate ... nothing serious it was only bruised left arm and right shin :D just wanted to document my first injury :lol:

What were you doing to get your first injury? Should I say congrats on going through that rite of passage? Lol. I'm glad to hear it doesn't sound too bad at least!

That would have been my guess! :)

That would have been my guess! :)

:up: good guess :)

I've only ever had one serious karate injury: one punch to the abdomen during my nidan exam that resulted in 3 epigastric hernias.

I think this one is serious enough for your journey :wink:

Monday session this week was mostly spent fighting at medium power and was concluded with a group of us being pulled to one side to fight at full power!

Full knockdown bouts. :uhoh:

Since then my left side ribs and left leg are merely a meeting point :wave: for all the pain I have ever suffered in my life to date! :bawling:

LOL!

Sneezing

coughing..

...............are my new worst enemy!

ggrrr! :kaioken:

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Monday session this week was mostly spent fighting at medium power and was concluded with a group of us being pulled to one side to fight at full power!

Since then my left side ribs and left leg are merely a meeting point :wave: for all the pain I have ever suffered in my life to date! :bawling:

LOL!

Sneezing

coughing..

Speedy recovery my friend :wink:

Reading this thread is like going through a check list of my training. Others have said it and I'll back it up. You are taking part in a physical activity, for many well past what is considered "athletic prime", ie. 17-25 or 30 if you are lucky. Your training bag should have anti-inflamatories (however you spell aleve...), tape, a few bandaids, instant ice packs, water.

Common injuries have pretty much all been covered here. I get to check a lot of those boxes off myself. And I can't reiterate how important recovery and rest can be when you have been hurt/injured. That doesn't mean you can't train, but you have to understand the limitations an injury puts on you and train appropriately.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

LOL!

Sneezing

coughing..

Speedy recovery my friend :wink:

thank you !

I sooo hate rib injuries...they take an absolute age to heal and its pain all the way!!

Such is life!

but still it build spirit and character!

...and faster reflexes!

;-) :D

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.