• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Karate changed your life ?

Safroot

Ive been training for 9 years... In the last 3-4 years I got very heavy... Almost 400 pounds.... So I had the sleeve weight loss surgery April 2013 after years of going up and down with Obesity... I finally made my black belt this past December!!!!!

I weigh 189 pounds today!!!! :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been training for 9 years... In the last 3-4 years I got very heavy... Almost 400 pounds.... So I had the sleeve weight loss surgery April 2013 after years of going up and down with Obesity... I finally made my black belt this past December!!!!!

That's great ... congrats on your black belt :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

That's great ... congrats on your black belt :)

I wholeheartedly concur!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I've started two years ago because I didn't have any friends in school. Three months later, I transferred school districts and joined a Tang Soo Do dojo. I don't get bullied anymore and I have friends now. I like to think martial arts has made me stronger, but I don't know. I love Tang Soo Do and I will never quit.

Tang Soo Do - Red Belt (2nd GUP)

I've started two years ago because I didn't have any friends in school. Three months later, I transferred school districts and joined a Tang Soo Do dojo. I don't get bullied anymore and I have friends now. I like to think martial arts has made me stronger, but I don't know. I love Tang Soo Do and I will never quit.

That's nice experience ... good on you & keep going :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

You've matured quite well as a MAist!! I'm so very proud of you!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 months later...

Practising karate kept me away from negative influences in my life since I was about 10 years old. Without my involvement in karate I am certain that I would have been I serious trouble. Focussing on karate training and going to my dojo helped me overcome bouts of severe isolation and depression in my teenage years. That is also when karate and martial arts became a part of my life I have never given up to this day.