• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Coping with no Karate (a small account of times without Te)

n4tive

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Personally i haven't experienced it. But the one thing i have learnt over my years of training is that you don't need a dojo to practice. You can practice absolutely anywhere.

If your getting frustrated at home training on your own, then ask your wife to join you. Even if it is you teaching her then you get to practice at the same time and also you get to enjoy it.

I've suffered from pretty severe depression for years and the one thing that i found that really helped was to teach my girlfriend. Because it made me feel important to someone, and helped me build my self confidence again.

Personally i haven't experienced it. But the one thing i have learnt over my years of training is that you don't need a dojo to practice. You can practice absolutely anywhere.

If your getting frustrated at home training on your own, then ask your wife to join you. Even if it is you teaching her then you get to practice at the same time and also you get to enjoy it.

I've suffered from pretty severe depression for years and the one thing that i found that really helped was to teach my girlfriend. Because it made me feel important to someone, and helped me build my self confidence again.

Solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Nidan Melbourne,

I agree. There is also another benifit to teaching which is you actually start to think about what you are doing in a different way and why you are doing it opposed to just taking direction and mimicking what you are taught.

In my experience I have learned more and gained a deeper understanding through teaching because you have to show and explain the techniques in detail. You now get asked the same questions that you asked and you have to come up with the answers.

It's a great way to gain insight and to even self evaluate. You are forced to show the correct way and in doing so you find the flaws that you didn't know existed. Through this I think you become a better MAist.

I totally agree that if you were to teach your loved one or even a buddy you get energized all over again.

Devil Dog

Godan

Shorin ryu, goju ryu, isshin ryu, kobudo.

Nidan Melbourne,

I agree. There is also another benifit to teaching which is you actually start to think about what you are doing in a different way and why you are doing it opposed to just taking direction and mimicking what you are taught.

In my experience I have learned more and gained a deeper understanding through teaching because you have to show and explain the techniques in detail. You now get asked the same questions that you asked and you have to come up with the answers.

It's a great way to gain insight and to even self evaluate. You are forced to show the correct way and in doing so you find the flaws that you didn't know existed. Through this I think you become a better MAist.

I totally agree that if you were to teach your loved one or even a buddy you get energized all over again.

and you find a sense of self worth also.

• 2 weeks later...

Things sometimes happen for a reason. I don't know how experienced you are but periodic breaks from any subject can yield knowledge and a deeper understanding. All martial arts have something to offer as well, so maybe it's time for a change?

Bunkai Decoder