• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The UK suffers hurricane strength winds!

Harkon72

Just a quick note to wish all our UK based friends a safe and cozy time during the worst storms in living memory. Stay at home if you can and stay safe!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ah! yes!

How are things around your way Harkon, the news shows some pretty nasty pictures of Wales being hit hard?

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Yesterday was mental! If the flying wheelie bins don't knock you out, then the falling trees and roof slates might do you in! My Mother on Anglesey was sandbagged up to half the front door last night. Oh the fun of the Welsh winter; we must be grateful it's not Snow!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

In the lull between the storms today, had to nip round to my mum's picking up broken fence panels and a gate. I'm a bit farther north than Harkon77. The list of jobs that need doing next week just keeps growing.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

not good!

I'm originally form the west country, so totally understand what you guys are getting!

(North Devon)

Now as a Central UK resident...not so much or at least until today!

Today promises a few issues with the new storm front coming in, seems much of the UK will be hit!

Not looking forward to that at all, I still have a fence at the moment an old one that is due to be renewed!

Keep things tight and your heads down guys!

Edited by Hawkmoon

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Thank you for checking in, all. Glad to know that you are doing alright. I'll think good thoughts!

Patrick

Dude, I live South of New Orleans, so we pray from July to December for no hurricanes. Some advice- keep off of the streets. My boss decided to go outside for a brief minute to check on things during Hurricane Gustave, and within 30 seconds, a tin panel from a roof flew 2 feet from his head. He was almost beheaded within 30 seconds! Needless to say, he stayed inside after that!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.