• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Alan Murdoch Cup 2014

Nidan Melbourne

Hi All,

just thought i would let you all know, I competed yesterday (Sunday 9th February) out at the Dandenong & District Netball Center in Dandenong.

I was 1 of 5 people in the senior males 3rd kyu and above division in kata. there was 1 member of the Australian National Squad, 3 people in the state squad, and 1 that wasn't in either.

Unfortunately I was lined up to face the guy that is in the National Squad in the 1st round! I lost 4 flags to 1 flag. I did Kururunfa and he did Sepai. He was a much stronger opponent (and my sensei had told me that i had to work really hard whilst doing the kata to have any chance to beat him).

Even though i got eliminated first up i was happy to have gone up against someone who was skilled as he was. And also being back on the tournament mats after some time off due to being injured and personal issues felt good but the nerves were back like a complete newbie at tournaments.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well done for getting back into it. A lot more tournament opportunities in Melbourne over the next couple of months. Are you entering the Melbourne Intenational on 23 Feb. The beauty of that is those state and national team members can only enter the Elite categories. You can enter development or both.

Thats what i'm planning on entering. What about you waynshin?

Will definitely be there but not as a competitor (those days are well behind me) I have 30 plus students enetering so will be very busy coaching. Looks a good event - I had a quick look this morning - so far competitors from all over Australia and a group coming over from New Zealand.

Congrats for getting back on the mat Nidan. I'd take the flag against the National squad member as a victory, I know I would ;) means you held your own a bit.

Good luck for the next one!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thats what i'm planning on entering. What about you waynshin?

Will definitely be there but not as a competitor (those days are well behind me) I have 30 plus students enetering so will be very busy coaching. Looks a good event - I had a quick look this morning - so far competitors from all over Australia and a group coming over from New Zealand.

so i might see you there then.

Congrats for getting back into it! As long as you had fun, that's the important part, right! :karate:

man i had a lot of fun getting back into it! i just loved the feeling of the excitement, dedication, nerves of everyone there that were competing and of the parents as well watching.