• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goshindo?

Canadian77

We have a guest instructor coming to our dojo who is a Goshindo Master. I was just wondering if any of you could tell me what Goshindo is? I do plan to attend the class, but I was just curious to know about it beforehand. I'm still a white belt so this is all new to me.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I can't see the web page that sensei8 shared, since I'm at work at the moment. I will say that the word "goshindo" simply means "way of self defense" and has been used to describe a wide variety of martial arts systems. The word "goshin-jutsu" ("art/science of self defense") gets used much the same way. Your mileage may vary greatly on the material presented.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Interesting. Ok, so essentially it sounds like it will focus on self-defense material. We do cover a lot of various self-defense techniques in our classes. It will be interesting to see what the guest instructor teaches.

Don't freak out! Remember, you're a beginner, therefore, when you train with them, they'll keep you training at that level. Lots of stuff in the video isn't at the beginner level. Instead of a throw, it might be just a simple beginner level lock.

Have fun and learn!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Goshindo could also refer to a style taught in central NY started by Frank Van Lenten. Its a mix of the different styles that he studied in the 50's and 60's (Goju Ryu, Shoryn Ryu, and other.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

Combine Kempo with Jiu Jitsu; you've got Goshindo. Better yet...

http://www.goshindosamurai.com/

Possibly, picture/video's are worth a thousand words/watches.

Let us know how the training went!

:)

nice video & solid post as usual :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Interesting. Ok, so essentially it sounds like it will focus on self-defense material. We do cover a lot of various self-defense techniques in our classes. It will be interesting to see what the guest instructor teaches.

let us know what did u like about it :) ... Good luck in your MA journey :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.