• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lower back problems

Matt123

I have lower back issues and it is keeping me from signing a yr contract. It goes out on me often and always unexpected. Does anyone here suffer from lower back issues? I have 2 slipped discs so it's always going to be a problem. Just looking to see if anyone else has this and what you do to cope. Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You may find the increased core strength will help to support your back and ease the discomfort. Give training a go and see how you get along. A good teacher will let you sit out or skip an exercise if it really aggravates it but in general you might find the focus on a strong core and good posture beneficial to you.

Of course the caveat being: go talk to your doctor and get yourself Ok'd to do physical activity first.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I've heard of lots of doctors advise against MA due to agravating the injury, sometimes I thik they are just trying to cover themselves.

Try to seek expert medical advise but speak with your instructors to train slowly and easily at first and gradually increase in effort, maybe also do alternative exercises if you fear certain ones will put you at risk.

I would also find a Dojo that does not make you sign up long term!!!