• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How far do you travel to train?

Just curious, how far of commute do you take to get to your gym/dojo? I've traveled up to an hour to train, because there is nothing where i'm from :/ just wondering if anyone out there makes the same kinda sacrifice.

Per Aspera Ad Astra

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes to my dojo. Over 1500 miles to our Hombu in California. Plus any other traveling I might do during the year to visit with other Shindokan dojo''s . In addition, any other traveling I might do to conduct seminars and to visit other style's dojo's to exchange/cross training.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

In the past, I traveled 25 miles each way (sometimes 1 1/2 hours in Chicago traffic) to train at a kickboxing gym 3-4 times a week. Now I drive about 5 minutes to where I teach.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Anything less than 10 minutes is great. I'm jealous with all of you who live so close to where they train. Makes me want to buy the house behind my dojo; that would be cool.

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I travel down to Oxford every couple of weeks to meet up and train with a group. When I was in uni that used to be around a 400 mile round trip. About 4hrs of driving each way. Luckily my parents live about halfway so I used to break up the journey a little. Still currently travelling down there every fortnught but as I moved back home it's now only 100 miles / 2 hours each way.

Normal weekday training for me is 10 miles / 25 mins from home or 20 miles / 45 mins from work :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius