• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicking technique

My favorite kick,

undoubtedly is the jump spinning hook kicked, 90% of my Ko's in the ring as well as a few on the street(back in the day) has been with a jump spinning hook kick. i've worked it to death in the mirror, to targets, to the bag, boards and opponents.

"Consistancy is the mark of a Champion."

i've even retired a few fighters as a result of the jump spinning hook kick.

it's what works for me.

Peace.

jerry

http://www.jerrytrimble.tv

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sir...very nice....very powerful..very deadly...thanks for the info......nice to have you aboard and contributing your insight and views. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

one of our trademark kicks is also my favorite..the ax kick..i love landing this on peoples heads (incoming!!!baloom!!)

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Ax kick...heck yah! At nationals one of our black belts open up with this move and scored a knockout. Felt bad for the guy, ax kick broke his nose too.

Crescent/side combo for me. Esp when they get in close.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

It's probably easy to guess what my favorite kick it, eh? Anyway, the most impressive kick i've seen used was by Alex Gong in a Muay Thai bout. He threw his Thai style round kick under his opponents shield (shin block) and crashed it into the supporting leg. The opponent didn't fall, but his leg moved back about a foot. The fight was a TKO because the opponent did not want to continue after that shot.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

My Favorite kick is the simple basic Roundhouse kick... I like to use it high, middle , low, and in combos. its a very powerfull kick. I also like the front and side kicks to set up my roundhouse kick. very simple and efective lol :smile:

Most Impressive kick I've seen is actually from Capoeria, when somebody did a spinning hook kick and an arial, then a jumping crescent... it blew my mind!

I have some videos on my computer of Capoerists doing similar things, if you would like me to email one of them to you, just ask (Theyre about a meg each)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

I love the huge spinning kicks.There fun and look great.

But in a fight I've always believed spinning and jumping kicks are too fancy and leave you open if not done perfectly. When I'm fighting I like to stick to the basics and throw in a spinning heel kick to compliment a roundhouse once in a while.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

-Hendrix