• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ryu Bujitsu Kai

Safroot

Hello All,

I am still looking for a good Karate school to join and I've found a school that teaches " Ryu Bujitsu Kai Karate ". Anyone know this style or if it is any good?!

on the website it's saying: "It incorporates a mix of Karate, Ju jitsu, Kickboxing, Grappling , making it a complete martial arts and fighting system." , which actually looks good if it is true.

Thank you

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hello All,

I am still looking for a good Karate school to join and I've found a school that teaches " Ryu Bujitsu Kai Karate ". Anyone know this style or if it is any good?!

on the website it's saying: "It incorporates a mix of Karate, Ju jitsu, Kickboxing, Grappling , making it a complete martial arts and fighting system." , which actually looks good if it is true.

Thank you

Can you post a link to their website?

Karate, Jujutsu, Kickboxing etc., are all umbrella terms. They are basically valueless without context.

What style of Karate, Jujutsu etc do they teach?, Who taught the teachers and in what tradition? What experience do the instructors have etc. etc. ?

I'll be honest - a school with the name "Ryu Bujitsu Kai" doesn't sound promising (for a start they are using badly spelt Japanese terminology in a wrongly constructed way), but I'd be happy to stand corrected.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

Hello All,

Thank you

Can you post a link to their website?

Karate, Jujutsu, Kickboxing etc., are all umbrella terms. They are basically valueless without context.

What style of Karate, Jujutsu etc do they teach?, Who taught the teachers and in what tradition? What experience do the instructors have etc. etc. ?

I'll be honest - a school with the name "Ryu Bujitsu Kai" doesn't sound promising (for a start they are using badly spelt Japanese terminology in a wrongly constructed way), but I'd be happy to stand corrected.

K.

Thanks Kusotare for you quick response. I am very new to the martial art and very confused with all different styles and techniques.I want to make sure that I do the right start in the right school

The link is :

http://ifamartialarts.com.au/#/ryu-bujisu-kai-karate-ju-jitsu/4578265079

Hhmmm!!,

I'll be honest - karate wise - I didn't see anything of substance in that website.

At best, the instructors seem to have a blue belt in BJJ (Which is actually quite senior btw).

That said, at least they don't appear to be lying about their credientials (because they don't really have any), but that's better than claiming to be something they are not!!

As folk are always keen to say on these boards - the best way to find out is to give it a go and see what you think.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

Thank you so much kusotare. I think i will try their free class and then decide

I'm with Kustotare on this; I am very wary of styles that claim to be a combination of other styles. For example, a style that calls it self just "Karate" set the alarm bells ringing for me; a non specific mix of systems that the instructor probably has no real qualification in each is a rout I would not follow.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

As a Bujin Bugei Jutsu guy, let me say that a mix of styles with a name in Japanese that you've never heard of is very hit and miss. We encourage crosstraining, and I've never been ashamed of my style regardless of where I've been.

The fact that they say BJJ blue belt gives them credibility though. If they were dishonest, they'd claim higher rank. As part of a mixed martial art practice a BJJ blue belt shows a good general knowledge of legit grappling that is often ignored. Check out a class. Res ipsa loquitor, or as Sensei8 would say proof is on the floor.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

How many times have you heard this conversation?

"What Style do you Practice?"

"Karate"

"What Style of Karate?"

"Just Karate, as I said"

That's like asking "What car do you drive?" and the answer being "One with a steering Wheel."

Cross training is great; just be aware that training for many years in one style and then just adding what you fancy from others, without even stepping in their Dojo does not hold water. Youtube is not a legitimate teacher.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Thank you so much kusotare. I think i will try their free class and then decide

This is generally the advice that I give. Try it out and tell us what you think. What you liked and didn't like.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/