• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan first dan

I picked-up my shodan in Shotokan. I made it thru while battling the flu! I can finally retire that dirty belt. So now my Okinawan Karate journey continues; Goju and Shotokan I just call it Karate-Do!!!

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First congratulations on passing, but I have to ask a question. Why Shotokan AND Goju Ryu ? It isn't a go at you, I've seen this lately, well for 20 years, happen. Is it to get the Okinawan connection ? I'll do a thread on this as well, think this is an interesting subject and may get some interesting responses.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

First congratulations on passing, but I have to ask a question. Why Shotokan AND Goju Ryu ? It isn't a go at you, I've seen this lately, well for 20 years, happen. Is it to get the Okinawan connection ? I'll do a thread on this as well, think this is an interesting subject and may get some interesting responses.

I started Karate as a boy, Boxed for a number of years, moved to Goju (a hybrid version)many years later, moved to Texas and started Shotokan. As time past it just happened. Why would I want to unlearn what my path as chosen for me? It seems to me that my path is like the days of old; train with whoever you can, learn what you can, but keep an open mind karate is karate.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

Congrats and well deserved. Feels good, huh?!

:)

None of my accomplishments ever meet my expectations. Not my high school, college, or graduate school graduations. Not the awards I earned in sports or professionally. I can say I am glad to have done the things I have, but no big deal. :brow:

Congrats and well deserved. Feels good, huh?!

:)

None of my accomplishments ever meet my expectations. Not my high school, college, or graduate school graduations. Not the awards I earned in sports or professionally. I can say I am glad to have done the things I have, but no big deal. :brow:

You should be proud, and I can tell that you truly are!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!