• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello to all forum users!

scottpatar

Hey everyone.

I found this forum interesting, been reading lots of threads but never actually joined. My name is Scott. A few things about me - my background is in wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, and submission grappling. I competed in both boxing and kickboxing (and a few grappling tournaments...and of course 10 years in wrestling from when I was little to when I graduated HS.)

Now what do I train? I train in Goju Ryu. I found an instructor who has a background in competitive kickboxing, and he favors full contact/knockdown sparring.

I also train grappling...just because it's at the same school/location with a different instructor, so I get to do it for free and it provides great variety and it's something that feels very comfortable to me.

I guess it's kind of strange to move from a history of boxing and kickboxing to a more traditional art. I made this move for several reason...first, I'm done competing. Second, I'd like something that I can do for a lifetime and enjoy. Third, I'm a nerd at heart so it kind of fulfills that nerdy side of me.

That's enough about me for now. I look forward to communicating with all of you.

Scott

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome and find a place here my friend, we always need a different perspective in our chats about martial arts. I look forward to reading a grappler's view on Traditional Karate and other topics that I'm sure you can see from your own angle. Osu!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society