• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pre- 3rd Kyu Grading.

I test for my intermediate 3rd Kyu grade next week. The Kata is relatively easy for this one; Matsukaze, but the two halves of the Kata must match. I went over my Kumite with my Sensei tonight; I need to practice my one steps. My kihon will be fine as long as I relax. I'm looking forward to it. We did a live blade knife defense in front of the juniors and their parents today to break the tension; I didn't have the dagger in my hand very long. Our Senpai goes for her Shodan grading tomorrow, so it could be a wonderful holiday for everyone.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Train hard and train well. You'll do fine, I'm sure!! Let the testing cycle take care of itself, and if you make a mistake, don't let it ruin the rest of the testing cycle.

Good luck and rock and roll!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I Passed! The Kihon was above average apart from my spin kick which needs work. My Pad work was fine for the Te Waza, again my Leg technique needs a little more care. The Kumite was tough as I faced my Sensei with his training partner and fellow 4th Dan watching; he cut me no slack, I was pleased especially with my Ippon Kumite; the attacks were vicious but my response was controlled but strong with good Kime and Kiai. My Kata was split into two sections; first I did Shio Tzuke no 6; a simple looking cross kata with shiko dachi and zenkutsu dachi combinations; I was happy with that. I had to do Matsukaze Kata 5 times; once at normal speed, once singing Singing in the Rain, then in tandem with my Sensei, then with my best effort and again to test my Kime and stamina. The grade was Tough, but I left with a Pre- 3rd Kyu belt and home for a meal with my wife and a couple of cans of Guinness; job done.

Oh Yes! D.M.A. gradings get tougher and tougher, but I'm getting fitter and my "Do" is becoming more apparent! Osu! I recommend Karatedo at my age (41) to anyone, it can be the greatest challenge of your life.